Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kanye west

Options
  • 27-05-2006 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

what do you guys think of kanye??i don't like the guy myself, but thought his production of the game's "dreams" was pretty hot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭N05H3AD

what do you guys think of kanye??i don't like the guy myself, but thought his production of the game's "dreams" was pretty hot.

i hate the chap, i suppose he doesn't go around calling himself gangsta an actin' hard so i shouldn't diss him but if i'm looking through some1's iPod and see him on it i will immediately disregard their taste in music. harsh, but hey what can you do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭aftermathcrew

are there any kanye fans out there??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

he's a decent producer. he's one of the most overrated "rap artists" around at the moment. both his albums are ****e bar 2 or 3 tracks each. maybe if he'd shut the **** up about how he's an oppressed black man who had an accident, then he might be able to make something decent.
    and how people can think an album full of skits about school and exercise is anything other than fluffy padded bull**** is beyond me.
    added to that he's a complete and utter twat.
    HTH :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

For whats its worth, I think he is extremely talented guy. Saw his show in the Point and it was a really amazing 'show'. Excellent stage presence. Lots of stadium rocking tunes.

Also 'Jesus Walks' is such a powerful song.

I think there is certain amount of snobbery towards him because of his success. The "too cool for school" gang etc.

Think he is going to be around for a long long time.

and how people can think an album full of skits about school and exercise is anything other than fluffy padded bull**** is beyond me.
    added to that he's a complete and utter twat.
    HTH :D

At least he tries to stay away from "hoes, bitches, gatts, ice, bling bla, bla, bla, rubbish which is just boring

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

At least he tries to stay away from "hoes, bitches, gatts, ice, bling bla, bla, bla, rubbish which is just boring

comparing one type of sh!te to another doesn't make either of them any less sh!te.

• Advertisement

i agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I'm a big fan of Kanye's and I've no problem admitting it. Some of the tracks he produces are incredible and the night he did at Abbey Road was great, very original.

I like him because he doesn't try to be what he's not. He goes on about what he knows. And I'd listen to any rapper talking about being oppressed as opposed to some rapper talking the usual sh!te. Kanye's got a voice and he's using it a lot more than most out there. He's to be commended for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I think he's really good as well. Some smashing tracks.
    N05H3AD wrote:
    ...but if i'm looking through some1's iPod and see him on it i will immediately disregard their taste in music.
    :rolleyes: That says more about you than them.

Open mind anyone? Can I get an open mind over here?? Anyone with an open mind please???

Empty head the same as an open mind?

Ay Cee wrote:
    Empty head the same as an open mind?
    :confused:

Well an empty head would imply stupidity, so no.

• Advertisement

Exactly my point.
    ...but if i'm looking through some1's iPod and see him on it i will immediately disregard their taste in music.

I find that to be a very ignorant statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

yeah well i'm so cool i won't even look at a persons music collection if its on an ipod. Ipods are soooo last year

It's all about an iRiver :D

No way man, its Zen Vision M all the way...so purrrty

so purrrty

:eek:

Saying things like that man, next ye know, you'll be wearing an iPod :eek:

Ay Cee wrote:
    :eek:

Saying things like that man, next ye know, you'll be wearing an iPod :eek:

Only if they come in pink with sparkles ;)

Zulu wrote:
    I think he's really good as well. Some smashing tracks.

:rolleyes: That says more about you than them.

Open mind anyone? Can I get an open mind over here?? Anyone with an open mind please???
    that doesn't mean he hasn't got an open mind.it just means he has heard what kanye has got to offer, and he thinks it is rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm not a massive fan.There is at least a half a dozen producers out there better then him right now who get far less respect and praise anbd I dislike the fact that he lacks his own clear and distinctive style like the Neptunes and Timbaland have.He is a distinctly average MC as well.

Howver he is a far better representative of commercial Hip-Hop then anything the south or east can produce these days.

oh look.take a picture or a mental note.it is one of the few things i agree with orizio on

• Advertisement

that doesn't mean he hasn't got an open mind.it just means he has heard what kanye has got to offer, and he thinks it is rubbish.

Well if he's prepared to discount the person and any other music this person likes because they have Kanye on their MP3 player it doesn't exactly scream out open mind.

Ay Cee wrote:

:eek: OMG, wait till i tell mummy & daddy about this. I simply must have it!!!

by the by, there's no point argueing your case with some of these guys. i've both kanye albums on my mp3 player and if that acts as a deterrant for close-minded prats then it'll be staying there for a long time! Wouldn't be his biggest fan or even have his albums in my top 20 selections, but they're a decent enough listen from time to time. i generally just stick mine on random play of everything and i'm never in a rush to jump onto the next track if some kanye comes on

Actually it does. Do you understand the concept of an "open mind"?
    Now tell me, please, how is disregarding someone's complete music collection on account of them liking one artist you happen to dislike being open minded?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I wouldn't bother Zulu or spacecoyote.Your wasting your time.

Funnily the last Kanye track I liked was Touch The Sky...and it was produced by Just Blae. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 KING T

Ay Cee wrote:
    Exactly my point.

I find that to be a very ignorant statement.

i'm sure he finds you to be an ignorant b_astard

also N05H3AD said he knew he was being harsh so lay off him

Personal insults by your 8th post, good work. :rolleyes:

it's actually my 139th post but all the rest got deleted

...I believe you.

Twice.

• Advertisement

well kind of, you'll probably find out soon enough!!!!

Advertisement