Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Softphone

Options
  • 27-05-2006 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Is there any decent softphone out there? It seems the general consensus is that a hardware soution is better.

I have Blueface and ntl 2MB and I've a Skype USB Headset.

You see, I'm setting up a new business and when it gets up and running I'll be spending 5-6 hours daily on the phone, so I really don't want to have a handset (I haven't seen any VoIP or analog phones with headsets, so if I'm missing out, let me know.)

Thanks,
    Colm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You might see something useful here. www.voipvoice.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭aaronc

so I really don't want to have a handset (I haven't seen any VoIP or analog phones with headsets, so if I'm missing out, let me know.)
    Both the Cisco and Polycom phones have the option of using a headset instead of or as well as a handset. The quality and features of either phone would mean it would easily pay for itself very quickly if you're going to be using it for 5 or 6 hours a day.

If you do get to a stage where you are thinking about getting one of these upmarket business phones you should check out the thread below for some cautionary info (it's mainly about the Cisco but it applies just as much to Polycoms)

Cisco hell, DO NOT BUY THEM

Aaron

Advertisement