Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT last game of the year!

Options
  • 27-05-2006 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

hey all we are thinking of running the last tourni of the year this tuesday in dit Aungier st. was wondering if there is any intrest in this as its hard to know who is around with exams and people already being finished.

it will be the normal format rebuy and topups and so fourth. just leave a reply if intrested so we can see if running this is worth while.

When i get knocked out i wanna play razz!!!! its such a great game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

non dit students able to play?? If so i'll be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Anyone I know who plays from ucd isnt finished til next week.filthy last exam friday so unavaliable.
    Was actually going to propose a game some stage in June-maybe type of satelite to fitz end of the month or something along those lines.Get onto you guys about it later....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'll try come along, normally a regular at the DIT Boltoin game, but nothing happening that way lately. Post details here please, time, buy in and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

details:
    tuesday, 2pm, dit aungier st.
    5 euro multi rebuy for first 4 levels. 2k starting stack, 2500 rebuy, 3000 top up. all blind levels included, should be out of there no later than 8... and i'd imagine we'll only have 20ish players MAX! i'll know more later and i'll edit this post with fuill details!

jeff.

I'll pass the message on to the DIT Bolton street lads, see if we can get a better turnout.

• Advertisement

So it starts at 2 but will take till 8 to finish with only 20+ people?:confused:

tribulus wrote:
    So it starts at 2 but will take till 8 to finish with only 20+ people?:confused:
    Be a wile after 2 when the firat cards are dealt I'd say, studenta aren't great for time keeping, be over in time for the beginners game in the Jackpot club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dunit666

boltonst poker here!
    yeah i'll pass on the msg via our new bebo person
    to all our members only seen the post today so its a bit
    short notice but i think a few will turn out!!!
    Steo.

Myself and anto will be in DIT Aungier St Ground floor canteen from about 1.30pm, with some form of cards starting at 2pm. It will be 5 euro rebuy (unless there is small numbers and people prefer another format or whatever).

Plan is 2pm start.
    2000 starting chips
    2500 rebuy chips
    3000 topup chips

blinds 20mins

at latest out of there by 8pm to go to the jackpot club for the 20+3 freezeout which is only up the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dunit666

alright jeff/luke
    ok i Posted the info on the homepage and sent a circular email.
    but their's already alot of chatter about it so there will defo be a few bodies down.
    later lads (steo)

• Advertisement

whats the bebo page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭beamo

yeh what is the bebo page? where are them pics of me winning the WSOBP?

Theres a few heading down from bolton street, afraid the WSOBP braclet winner photos aren't up that.
    Seeing as how an aungier street player won the bolton street last game, suppose its only fair that a bolton player wins today.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Was a good game.... 18 players, I finished 3rd, guy from IT Tallaght finished 2nd and Jeff took it down....

I took my €25 profit and spent 92% of it on the Jackpot Club's tournament... Great start (a mixture of hitting a lot of flops and being very aggresive), then I suffered an awful beat to put me back to average... Went card dead then to be just above the starting stack at the break with a 1/3 of the 39 runners gone...

I kept seeing K3o and Q5o and I was playing shortstack poker for the rest of the tournament... Made it to the final table and I was 2nd smallest stack (9BBs) - similar to earlier on in the day where I was the shortstack starting at the FT.

1st hand UTG JTs - Allin - no callers Made 900 (the blinds)

2nd hand BB AKo - UTG raise to 1500 (300/600) UTG+2 Shortstack All-in for 4600(ish.) I rraise allin for about 2000 more and UTG folds.

UTG+2 shows A9 and I motor on through. UTG folded AJ.

3rd hand. SB AKo it's folded around to me so I reraise all-in AGAIN!

After 3 hands my stack is a lot more respectable and I manage to battle my way to 5th when my K7s runs into pocket 4s which make a set on the flop and the case 4 falls on the river for overkill....

3 of the 4 guys remaining came together in a group of 4... Fairly impressive in a field of 39, I'd say!

unlucky bubble brian! anyone else we know in the money?

I got my self in a bad position with about 16 left and was pushing with any queen or better and stealing blinds to stay alive, eventually (it had to happen) someone called when i had A3, they called with AK (WTF!!?!?!) and his hand held out, out in 10th i think, bit disappointed but happy with the win in DIT earlier.

They paid to 5 Jeff.... Made €17 profit!! :D

The guy who bet into the empty sidepot with a flush draw (Guy who outdrew me something terrible for his tournament life in the 2nd level) was big chip leader out of the 4 left, and it was Tight Timmy I busted with my AK vs A9...

He's tight but he overvalues any Ace! :)

that guy who bet into the empty pot upset me.. myself and i reckon the other guy could have taken the all in player out. Why bet... or more importantly, why BLUFF at an empty pot!! :confused::confused:

Well done on 5th. i think i could have sat on my small stack til final table but was caught messing. but as i always say t anto (cos i heard some pro say it) if you never get caught stealing you aint playing good poker!

My best opportunities for stealing were generally taken by the guy sitting to my right... He'd been there for much of the night and when we both drew the same seat for the FT I wasn't best pleased!

It's a good cheap tournament - I may frequent it every other Tuesday...

On a side note, all my profits from yesterday went into getting a taxi back to Tallaght! What a waste....

Legend_DIT wrote:
    On a side note, all my profits from yesterday went into getting a taxi back to Tallaght! What a waste....

LOL :D:p

• Advertisement

A decent tournament in the end, my aces lost to a runner runner flush which would have given me 17K but ahh well, good to meet the DIT lads

The DIT game was good, as usual I got too impatient and start pushing with anything and ended up out. Made my money on the side game though.

What was the payout in the Jackpot tourney. 5 places, how much for each?

5 places

1st 340
    2nd 200
    3rd 120
    4th 80
    5th 40

I think......

Advertisement