Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lies

Options
  • 26-05-2006 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I invented a rape to get attention. I didn't go to the police or anything but I told a few people that this happened so they wouldn't be angry over things I have done.

I was raped two years ago but I told people that it happened recently so it would explain my behaviour. Is this the worst thing anyone could ever lie about.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Unreg1984 wrote:
    I invented a rape to get attention. I didn't go to the police or anything but I told a few people that this happened so they wouldn't be angry over things I have done.

I was raped two years ago but I told people that it happened recently so it would explain my behaviour. Is this the worst thing anyone could ever lie about.

It's extremely bad. If someone I cared about told me that and I found out that they lied i'm not sure if I could gain respect for them ever again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Unreg1984 wrote:

Have you been to a professional to help you get over this rape that happened 2 years ago? if not, do so asap!
    It's clear that your behaviour is being effected and you need help to deal with it.
    Technically speaking, you haven't out and out lied, (bar saying it was recent)
    Women who lie about this make it more difficult for women who haven't. Please keep this in mind.
    And please go talk to someone who can help you move on with your life, you need to take care of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.drcc.ie/
    The Dublin Rape Crisis Centre
    70, Lower Leeson Street,
    Dublin 2, Ireland
    Office Hours Mon - Fri - 8.00am to 7.00pm
    Sat - 9.00am - 4.00pm
    Phone No. 01 661 4911
    Freephone 1 800 778 888
    Fax No. 01 661 0873

contacts for rape crisis centres in the rest of the country http://www.drcc.ie/contact/centres.htm

Lying about when is not that much of a big thing it it was to try explain your behaviours that stem from the trama and the fact you were raped.

You never 'get over' being raped you learn how to deal with the effects on you and how you behave and your reactions and to limit damaging ones.
    There is no time limit for how long this goes on for could be for the rest of your life.
    Get help, ring today and get the help you need to take control over your life and your actions.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have gone through all of that but I reckon I use all this as an excuse so I can get away with all the crap I do to people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Unreg1984 wrote:
    II was raped two years ago but I told people that it happened recently so it would explain my behaviour.

Did you report the rape when it actually happened? And how have you been behaving recently? Post-traumatic stress can take a long time to manifest itself.

• Advertisement

I never reported it. I just went to the rape crisis centre 3 months after it happened.

Unreg1984 wrote:
    I have gone through all of that but I reckon I use all this as an excuse so I can get away with all the crap I do to people.

Well then I reckon you were not finished the process it can take a long time.
    Sounds like you are still punishing people and your self for what happened.
    You have to learn to take responibilty with your life.
    Go back to the fape crisses centre and will help or get you a referal to a cousellor that can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Somewhat more importantly did you name anyone involved in the fake rape?

You havent destroyed the life of some poor bloke have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Untense

It's kind of a gray area..

What were your reasons for saying you were raped this time? Did you name a guy as the rapist?

Do you still feel heavily affected by the real incident?

I didn't name anyone either times. I went to the RCC and I am still going but nothing improves, I am just getting worse.

• Advertisement

If the process isn't helping then maybe you need to work with a differnt person or be transfered to the help of a health professional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The fact that you clearly feel guilty about it and are punishing yourself shows that you're not a horrible person. Also, two years is not a long time and it is certainly not enough time to come to terms with being raped. It seems to me that it IS the reason for whatever stuff you've been doing to people. Just because it didn't happen in the last few weeks/months doesn't mean it's not going to have a bearing on your behaviour. It's not as if you simply made up that you were raped, end of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

You should prob report it, for all you kow the guy could be doing the same thing to other people..sorry :(

It was three guys and they were only here on a 6 month visa, by the time I could even think about what had happened to me they had left the country. I didn't even tell anyone for 6 months.

Advertisement