Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Young - Living With War

Options
  • 26-05-2006 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Just got Neil's album yesterday, the whole album is a protest album so-to-speak and definitely one of his finest to date! very rocky and the choir and trumpet only add new diminisions to each song!
    After all the other songs about the war in Iraq and George Bush, this seems to stand out among them, but maybe i'm biased cause it is Neil Young - Grandpa Driftwood himself!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭ZappaFrank

I have to agree with you there! It's his 32nd album and his "most controversial" to date. Very simple arrangements, no over-dubs, Raw, GREAT! With all the recent big albums released lately it takes an old hippie in his 60s to release something special!!! I bet Pearl Jam and the Chilli Peppers wish this was the album they released!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Im a big Neil Young fan but ive finding this album a bit meh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm put off by the sleeve to be honest (superficial I know)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Waiting for it to arrive from CDWow...positive feedback seems to be in keeping with good reviews I have read

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

its a decent album - it has that Freedom (the album) sound - same backing group etc.

It is good in parts - but at times the lyrics are a little hamfisted.

Personally I preferred Greendale, and to a lesser extent Prarie Wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

didn't think it had that Freedom sound, always thought that was a very 80's sound! Very distorted sound, but the choir add an extra dimension to the album.
    Anyone think he'll come over and tour this green island??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

i have to say its one of my favourite neil young albums, but aint as good as greendale or freedom.

Advertisement