Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Barcelona?

Options
  • 26-05-2006 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Things to do in Barcelona?
    First week in August. 8 boys mid twenties.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

Go to Neu Camp.

There is a bus tour which is pretty good.

There is a water park outside of Barcelona. Port Adventura I think it's called. You could spend a day there. I think the trains go to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

May not be your thing, but Universal Studios-Port Aventura is about an hour south of Barcelona, on the outskirts of Salou.

The place has its own train station, so its easy to get to from Barrcelona.

You can buy tickets here in advance for multiple days. They cost a little extra, but give you plenty of flexibility and you can come and go as you please. Also gives you 1 day entry to the adjacent water park, which is excellent.

The park is open until midnight, with some serious roller coasters (including the 120km/hr 8 inversion Dragon Khan) and an 80m freefall ride (Hurakan Condor).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

id definetly recommend the stadium tour of the nou camp, takes your breath away.

i was in barcelona for about 3 days, so much to see and so little time, one of the most beautiful cities ive been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sheera

There's a place called Tibidabo which is on a hill top overlooking Barcelona. You get a cable car up to it - great views and there's a funfair there too (didn't actually go in so don't know how good or bad it is!)

Also go to see some of Gaudi's buildings, they're pretty amazing, especially Park Guell, La Pedrera and Sagrada Familia.

For nightlife you can't go wrong around La Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter - loads to choose from there :)

I LOVE Barcelona, you'll have a great time.

eta: make sure you get a hotel/hostel with air conditioning, August can be unbearably hot

Advertisement