Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brief Peek at Season 3 (** SPOILERS **)

Options
  • 25-05-2006 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭

From Sci-Fi Wire (25th May)
    Next Season's Lost Sneaked

Producers of ABC's hit series Lost, which aired its surprising second-season finale on May 24, told SCI FI Wire that it sets up the upcoming third season, which will focus more on romance—and on the mysterious Others. "The Others are an important part of season three, and there's a lot of mysteries and a lot of questions about the Others that the audience is going to be curious about going into season three," said executive producer Carlton Cuse in an interview. "And those are the things we're going to explore."

Cuse added: "There will definitely be some new characters on the show next year. ... Obviously, Michael Emerson, who plays Henry Gale, he's someone who's going to be very prominent in the show next year." Fans were also introduced to a new character who promises to figure in next season's storylines: Penelope Widmore, played by Sonya Walger.

In the finale, viewers find out where Desmond (Henry Ian Cusick) was, what happens when the button doesn't get pushed, why the plane crashed and the fate of Michael (Harold Perrineau) and Walt (Malcolm David Kelley). At the end, Jack (Matthew Fox), Kate (Evangeline Lilly) and Sawyer (Josh Holloway) are prisoners of the Others. And Claire (Emilie de Ravin) gives Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) a kiss.

"I'm excited about love in season three," said executive producer Bryan Burk, adding: "Don't forget now the people have been on the island for 60-plus days. They're now obviously more familiar with each other. ... The concept of love [is there], and ... it weaves its way through all of our characters. It's going to be much more prevalent in season three."

Now that Lost has finished shooting, the season-three writers met recently for a "boot camp" in Hawaii, where they broke the main story arcs for next year. "It's fun, because we're still kind of following on a macro level the same trajectory that we talked about years ago," Burk said. "The details are changing on this, and new characters that we hadn't thought about are here, ... but what's fun is kind of the whole big journey is still kind of where we had originally talked about it. And it feels as I had always said from day one, when I was doing interviews in season one, I kept saying that the show doesn't really start kicking in for me until seasons two and three. ... Somebody smarter than me recently said in a TV Guide letter, ... 'If you think you're still watching a show about people who crashed on an island, you're watching another show.' There's a lot going on, and as we move forward, ... we're getting deeper into the center of the onion." —Patrick Lee, News Editor

My favourite bit of that: Michael Emerson (Fenry) becoming a regular. Fuppin' excellent!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

basquille wrote:

My favourite bit of that: Michael Emerson (Fenry) becoming a regular. Fuppin' excellent!

Ditto.

He is bloody fantastic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

basquille wrote:

Me three. I adore him!

If Penelope Widmore is going to feature next season, hopefully that means that there'll be more Desmond too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

i suppose this means its not going to finish at season 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Faith wrote:
    If Penelope Widmore is going to feature next season, hopefully that means that there'll be more Desmond too.
    After that finale.. i'm doubtful but hopefully!
    Sunn wrote:
    i suppose this means its not going to finish at season 3?
    Said it before and i'll say it again. As long as people keep watching them.. they'll keep making them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

fenry?

• Advertisement

madrab wrote:
    fenry?
    Ah madrab... not you too!

Fenry = Fake Henry! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah sorry i tend to stop readin the first page of thread in here as the theories that some people come up make my head hurt, so i miss out on some stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Next Season's Lost Sneaked

Producers of ABC's hit series Lost, which aired its surprising second-season finale on May 24, told SCI FI Wire that it sets up the upcoming third season, which will focus more on romance—and on the mysterious Others. "The Others are an important part of season three, and there's a lot of mysteries and a lot of questions about the Others that the audience is going to be curious about going into season three," said executive producer Carlton Cuse in an interview. "And those are the things we're going to explore."

Cuse added: "There will definitely be some new characters on the show next year. ... Obviously, Michael Emerson, who plays Henry Gale, he's someone who's going to be very prominent in the show next year." Fans were also introduced to a new character who promises to figure in next season's storylines: Penelope Widmore, played by Sonya Walger.

In the finale, viewers find out where Desmond (Henry Ian Cusick) was, what happens when the button doesn't get pushed, why the plane crashed and the fate of Michael (Harold Perrineau) and Walt (Malcolm David Kelley). At the end, Jack (Matthew Fox), Kate (Evangeline Lilly) and Sawyer (Josh Holloway) are prisoners of the Others. And Claire (Emilie de Ravin) gives Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) a kiss.

"I'm excited about love in season three," said executive producer Bryan Burk, adding: "Don't forget now the people have been on the island for 60-plus days. They're now obviously more familiar with each other. ... The concept of love [is there], and ... it weaves its way through all of our characters. It's going to be much more prevalent in season three."

Now that Lost has finished shooting, the season-three writers met recently for a "boot camp" in Hawaii, where they broke the main story arcs for next year. "It's fun, because we're still kind of following on a macro level the same trajectory that we talked about years ago," Burk said. "The details are changing on this, and new characters that we hadn't thought about are here, ... but what's fun is kind of the whole big journey is still kind of where we had originally talked about it. And it feels as I had always said from day one, when I was doing interviews in season one, I kept saying that the show doesn't really start kicking in for me until seasons two and three. ... Somebody smarter than me recently said in a TV Guide letter, ... 'If you think you're still watching a show about people who crashed on an island, you're watching another show.' There's a lot going on, and as we move forward, ... we're getting deeper into the center of the onion." —Patrick Lee, News Editor

Oh gawd, they're going to flog this thing until it bleeds and it's head falls off, and no one gives a damn... boo hiss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Riceomatic

Bloke who plays Michael just signed on for another FIVE seasons about 2 months ago

Riceomatic wrote:
    Bloke who plays Michael just signed on for another FIVE seasons about 2 months ago
    Ahem, i highly doubt this.. source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye i doubt it.

EOnline's Kristin mentioned
    He would only be a recurring character next year (like Walt was this year)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

i'd like to see the others recapture walt.. just to annoy mike.. and continue the ' they took my boy... again'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

More lovey dovey ...CRAP!

People say that it is to break up the tension and drama as it unfolds...Blah...Blah

I dislike all that jazz.

i think that the only reason sun is pregnant is so that the others have another kid to steal in nine months when lost gets stale..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its taken 2 seasons to get up to 60 days. Sun will give birth some time in season 7 or 8. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

TmB wrote:
    Its taken 2 seasons to get up to 60 days. Sun will give birth some time in season 7 or 8. :)

Maybe they will pulll a Battlestar Galatica and
    just jump a year at the end of Session 3
    :D

I like where the article says they are still following the macro-story arch they came up with a few years ago when thinking up Lost. I hate shows where it is obvious they are just making it up as they go along, like the later series of X-Files.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

WHy oh why put in a spoiler about BSG on a Lost thread you muppet.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I thought the last few eps of lost were fantasic and really left the show open to loads of possibilities. The ending of the series really explained a lot and it appears there was always something going on behind the scenes. Amazingly well planned, it has suckered me in for a 3rd series thats for sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

heres a clip i made while in la last week, Burky and Carlton discus season 3,
    http://www.upload-share.com/77f00c4aa7e61ab285894d13e5e80386

I dunno.. Fenry becoming a regular might be a bad thing. It was such a novelty to have his evilness every-so-often

• Advertisement

layke wrote:
    I thought the last few eps of lost were fantasic and really left the show open to loads of possibilities. The ending of the series really explained a lot and it appears there was always something going on behind the scenes. Amazingly well planned, it has suckered me in for a 3rd series thats for sure :)

... really.. i myself was thinking of nuking hawaii so they would stop making this crap...

explained a lot... NO.. gave implausible explainations, that seemed to have been thought up the day of filming.. saying desmond did it is just like accrediting every major WWII film achievement to the Americans, and they weren't even in it...

season one could have lead somewhere good.. not just the deep dark hatch that season two was...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I had a dream last night that solved the entire mystery of Lost, but I forgot it when I woke up :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

basquille wrote:
    Ah madrab... not you too!

Fenry = Fake Henry! :D

Stop that! We don't call Sawyer Fawyer, so we don't call Henry Fenry. HIS NAME IS HENRY! :mad:

sjones wrote:
    Stop that! We don't call Sawyer Fawyer, so we don't call Henry Fenry. HIS NAME IS HENRY! :mad:

But Fenry sound soo much cooler than Fawyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

But Fenry sound soo much cooler than Fawyer.

Cool? Ugh, no....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Well the real "Henry Gale" is that black guy. Calling "Fenry" "Henry" is just confusing :)

... this is gonna get really confusing next season, when we discover who henry/fenry really is.. lets just call him cliff to make things easier.. but on that note fenry is a much better choice.

.. and as for sawyer/fawyer... sawyer is sawyer... thats what he's known as.. he's not pretending to be the bloke that killed his parents.. where as fenry is pretending to be henry gale... ironically it could turn out that his real name is henry... now my head hurts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MIGWAR-DWP

I Have To Say That All Bets Are Really Off For Next Season. Not One Thread That A Read Back In October Had Predicted The Outcome Of Season Two. No One Talked About Big Corperations, Weird Old Computers And Magnetic Overloads.

Basically, What I'm Saying Is, That The Whole Season Was Totally Different To The Way Everyone Expected It To Go.

As For Next Season, Who Knows?

Maybe Sawyer Will Turn Out To Be A Cross Dresser...

Maybe Hurley Will Finally Lose Some Weight...

Or, Even More Unlikely, They Actually Explain Wtf Happened In Season 1....;)

Maybe Sawyer Will Turn Out To Be A Cross Dresser...

have you been at my personal files again...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MIGWAR-DWP

loon wrote:
    have you been at my floral penises again...

What are you trying to imply...

Advertisement