Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyber Cafe in Ballybofey ?

Options
  • 25-05-2006 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

I read in the Finn Valley Voice a while back about a Polish girl starting up a cyber cafe in in either Ballybofey or Stranorlar.

Anyone know if it's still there and where it actually is ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Ahh Haaa.. so you are the original Donegal Man..... Polish are you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

Ahh Haaa.. so you are the original Donegal Man.....
    Yep, I'm de man :)
    Polish are you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nope, originally Tyrone but longer in Donegal than I was in Tyrone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,955 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A popular username lads :)

There was a cyber cafe over in Navenny Street, near Finn Park for a few years. I think it was called Sarah's Cyber Cafe or something like that.
    Apart from the internet end of things there were courses on word processing and IT skills etc in it. It was run by a local woman but I think Im right in saying that she had the premises on a lease basis and when the lease was up she either pulled out or was pushed out.

I think this is the same place now being run by someone else. I'll check it out my friends and let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote:
    A popular username lads :)

There was a cyber cafe over in Navenny Street, near Finn Park for a few years. I think it was called Sarah's Cyber Cafe or something like that.
    Apart from the internet end of things there were courses on word processing and IT skills etc in it. It was run by a local woman but I think Im right in saying that she had the premises on a lease basis and when the lease was up she either pulled out or was pushed out.

I think this is the same place now being run by someone else. I'll check it out my friends and let you know

Sarah's Cyber Cafe did a mean bacon and egg sandwich.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

The Cybercafe is now located at the bottom of Donegal St, opposite Pat Bonner's bar, corner with Glenfin St, in what was McNulty's premise's.

From what I have heard, it is doing O.K. Whoever is running it good luck to them, as over a period of 5 years there must have been about six computer related business start up's in the same premises.

It would be nice to see this venture survive, as it is at the bottom of the street where I spent my childhood :) .

Pity about the crazily high rents being charged to new business start-ups in the Twin-Towns :( , I suppose if you were a major concern you could alway's get a large E.U. grant with the help of our local mafia.

All thats needed is that you 'sell your soul to mammon's local representatives, who are generally shrouded in so called respectability ?...

P. :cool:

• Advertisement

Paddy20 wrote:
    The Cybercafe is now located at the bottom of Donegal St, opposite Pat Bonner's bar, corner with Glenfin St, in what was McNulty's premise's.
    Hi Paddy, good to hear from you, I was a bit worried that I hadn't seen you posting for a while ;)

Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

DonegalMan wrote:
    Hi Paddy, good to hear from you, I was a bit worried that I hadn't seen you posting for a while ;)

Martin

Hi Martin,

I have not been posting on the 'IrelandOffline forum' for some it is true, but I still keep my beady eye on it ;) .

Hope you and all your relation's are keeping well after the terrible nightmare you all had too endure.

God bless.

Paddy.:cool: N.B. Never noticed it was you that started this thread :confused: Blame DonegalMan1 :)

Paddy20 wrote:
    Hi Martin,
    Hope you and all your relation's are keeping well after the terrible nightmare you all had too endure.
    Thanks, Paddy, we're all just trying to get on with our lives now but, as I'm sure you can imagine, it's really tough for my brother and his family; whilst the last two and a half years were indescribably hard on them, they were able to focus to some extent on the trial coming up - now there's just that terrible emptiness in their hearts and the difficulty in believing that this really did all happen.

Advertisement