Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beane Sigel Shot

Options
  • 25-05-2006 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Rapper Beane Sigel Shot

SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - May 25, 2006 - Rapper Beanie Sigel has been shot along a South Philadelphia street this morning and is being treated at the hospital.
    Reports in to Action News indicate Sigel was shot during a robbery attempt and hit in the upper arm. It happened shortly after 8 a.m.

He apparently drove himself to a nearby hospital and is being treated.

Sigel, whose real name is Dwight Grant, told police that 5 black men in 2 vehicles blocked him in and a black male in his 30s about 5' 11" tall with a beard wearing jeans and timberland boots shot him twice in the upper right arm. One of the vehicles is described as a dark colored vehicle with tinted windows.

Action News is tracking this developing story and will have more coming up on Action News at Noon.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=entertainment&id=4204096

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

In the words of Dog from Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels
    Can everyone stop gettin' shot?

This is gettin ridiculous. I know people get shot everyday in america and they don't get on the news. its only rappers that get news coverage it seems. an its giving rap a bad rep, again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

well its obviously got nothing to do with hip-hop (other than him being targeted because of the money he's made as a result of it), so it shouldn't have massively negative effects on hip-hop culture on the whole i would have thought

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

well its obviously got nothing to do with hip-hop (other than him being targeted because of the money he's made as a result of it), so it shouldn't have massively negative effects on hip-hop culture on the whole i would have thought

Oh yes I'm sure logic will stop idiots like Bill O'Reilly from having their millionth or so crack at Hip-Hop. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭aftermathcrew

evil_seed wrote:
    In the words of Dog from Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels

This is gettin ridiculous. I know people get shot everyday in america and they don't get on the news. its only rappers that get news coverage it seems. an its giving rap a bad rep, again
    it is ridiculous.it is giving rap a bad reputation alright, and most of them get killed over drugs...it is insane!!

From what I understand though,Beanie was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.Could have been anyone.He sounds like he will be fine anyway.

What rappers have been shot over drugs?:confused:

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote:
    From what I understand though,Beanie was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.Could have been anyone.He sounds like he will be fine anyway.

don't know exactly.guess i was just speculating, lol

Orizio wrote:

the "game" for one in 2001.but i guess i dont have much of a point because that is just one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Actually I seem to recall from his long time in legal troubles about a year ago, that in addition to the attempted murder case the Feds were looking into him as one of Philadelphias biggest dealers. Everyone talks about moving kilos of coke: according to the FBI, Beans actually was. So it could well be related to that.

Yes but the Game wasn't a rapper when he got shot,presuming it was for drugs.

Beanie was supposed to be an actual big time drug dealer(used to be a drug dealer)-however in this instance it doesn't seem like it has anything to do with drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

I heard on the news last night (in Philadephia) that Siegel initially claimed he was robbed by just one dude, and it was later he spoke about the five dudes in two cars. That seems a bit organised for a random mugging. Also, I think it took place at 7:00am, also weird for a mugging. Also, there is no sign of it having taken place in the area he claimed it happened.

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/14671431.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement