Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrieve file

Options
  • 25-05-2006 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Does anyone know how to retrieve deleted or removed files (that have been opened on a Workstation)?
    I had a PDF document on a USB card which I opened and printed out however the USB card has decided to die on me and now I can't retrieve the PDF in any way. Does it not store itself in a temporary location if it has been opened by an application (ie: Acrobat in this case).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

when you use web browser, a temporary file is created, but i don't know of a temporary file created by just using adobe pdf reader itself.
    is it possible to read anything at all from the usb disk? or is it completely dead?
    if the operating system says 'do you wish to format' or something like that, it may still be possible to read it using the right software.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Did you stop the USB key before you removed it ?

look in %temp% or use rest2514 to look for deleted files

then you are looking for text on the sectors of the drive, - you won't recover the doc maybe some text to cut/paste

Advertisement