Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snakes On A Plane - Cannot Wait

Options
  • 25-05-2006 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Does anyone know the release date for probably one of the greatest movies this year....

Cant wait to hear the king of cool, Sam L Jackson, utter the immortal words "THERE'S SNAKES ON THE MOTHER****IN PLANE"

Pure Class

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Does sound good and a great title. I like titles that actually tell ya something about the film. This title says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

gotta love Sam's plug at the MTV movie awards recently

something along the lines of "the only way you're gonna see a better film than this this year, is if I decide to make a film called mother****ing snakes on a mother****ing plane!"
    legend:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Classic! Any links to a YouTube.com vid. or of Google Vid. of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Im actually going to pay money to go see this, I hope to organise a cinema outing for this soon to be classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yes... the combining of two of the most common and greatest fears out there.. flying and snakes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

From what I've seen of it (trailers) its looks like crap. Come back and tell us what rating you'd give it. See if its worth going to.

Doomspell wrote:
    From what I've seen of it (trailers) its looks like crap. Come back and tell us what rating you'd give it. See if its worth going to.
    Don't talk silly! It's got snakes on a plane in it, SNAKES ON A PLANE...! how could it possibly be crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

This title says it all.

Methinks the title does indeed say it all. *grimace*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Tullamac

Just read Sam L Jacksons interview in this months Empire, and it is true that he signed on to do the movie with no script on the strength of the Title alone. At one point the studio decided on a name change and he said he would walk if they changed the title.

At the MTV movie awards, when presenting the gong for Best Picture, he said it was nice because next year he would be back to pick it up for SOAP.

All in all, from his cameo in Coming To America to Soap, everything the man has done is legendary.

Snakes on a Plane for Best Picture Oscars.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I think people are getting a little carried away this movie. Looks like a good entertaining B-movie...nothing more really. Its as if theres an internet snakes on a plane bandwagon and everyone wants in on it.

• Advertisement

I've never realy been a fan of Samuel L. Jackson.

I'm really just in this for the snakes and the plane

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I've never realy been a fan of Samuel L. Jackson.

I'm really just in this for the snakes and the plane

Had this discussion with a friend recently, he was going on about how good an actor he was. I agree that he is a good character actor but I dont rate him all too highly. I asked my friend to name 3 really good samuel jackson films (not including tarintino movies). He couldnt.

His acting style seems to boil down to him raising his voice a lot and shouting.

That and profanity.

I thought 51st state was good
    Starwars and the incredibles also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Only 2 more sleeps until Snakes on a Plane!

Can't wait....finally, a crazy b-movie type film to cheer me up after a bit of a drought this summer. It better be good, I'm relying on it....this may make or break my entire weekend! :D

So I watch this last night and I have to say 2 thumbs up from me. its not a film to changer yer life just a nice diversion from it. It was every thing I thought it would be nothing more nothing less.

Oh it changed my life. I'll be checking toilet bowls for snakes everytime I go for a tinkle from now on.

:) very funny, I forgot about that bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

It ticked all the boxes but i love this quote from a SLJ interview:
    "We did the best film we could, and it's just snakes on a plane. It's not Snakes on Brokeback Mountain."

Advertisement