Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Value This Laptop!

Options
  • 25-05-2006 4:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hey, gis a hand figurin out if this is worth it. It's a new laptop from a wholesaler's and apparently should retail for more than I'm gonna pay for it.

The spec's are as follows:

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A3667G Mobile Athlon 3400+, 17" Widescreen TFT,
    1024MB DDR, 80GB, DVD-RW Dual, ATI X700, 56k, Lan, Mic, W/Less G, 1394,
    XPH + Works 8

What kinda money would you pay for this? Forget that I said I'm gettin it for cost; How much retail would ya pay for it? I'll throw d price up after a few posts to compare...

Cheers for ur helpeses.

Also...I'm basically in the market for a new lappy and wanna spend about €1,200. I want maximum hard drive storage with a decent preocessor. I play online poker so Im looking for maximum screen resolution. Are there any laptops with mega resolution? I know CRT monitors are the best for this but was wonderin are there any notebooks with good res also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I'm no expert, But buying a machine like that I'd expect to pay a max of €1200.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i would have thought lcd gives highest res

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 steffkelly

on a laptop you can only get an lcd screen as far as i know. The laptop seems decent enough. The only thing is that the graphics card is only 128mb, if i was you id be looking for 256mb. in regards to the screen, its the resolution of the screen you seem to be worried about. This is linked to the graphics card but also the screen type. I THINK, (dont quote me on this one) WXGA is one of the better types of screens, but some laptops have in their description "Ultra high definition screen" etc. What id do is go into a pc shop, ask them all about the graphics and screens and tell them you're gonna have a look around. At least then you'll have a better idea of what you're looking for

Advertisement