Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Route suggestions

Options
  • 25-05-2006 2:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭

In the summer time for the past few years I usually get up early in the mornings and cycle a few laps around the phoenix park to start the day off. As well as loosing the bit of weight I always seem to put on in winter it energises me for the day.

Seen as the bright mornings are back I was wondering if people have any other routes that might keep me cycling for about an hour in the mornings as doing circles around the park gets boring after a while and them saps on roller blades who also seem to populate the park in the mornings stress me out trying to avoid crashing into them.

I'm in the north Dublin, finglas / cabra / glasnevin area. Doesn't seem to be a route I can see which avoids the early morning traffic, the reason I use the park is so I don't get caught in traffic lights inhaling exhaust fumes and risking getting knocked off the bike by some sleepy headed motorist.

Any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

yeah the park is your best option for traffic reasons......but not knowing the north side that well but I do go on spins around there and probably would suggest either go up ballyboughil climb and home where u can cut thru the park, or even around man of war territory(but this may be more than a hour, i think)......either way on the way out your defo will be meeting heavy traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭wahlrab

well how about along the seafront down by marino and all the way up to colntarf/st.anns park, the cycle lane is separate from the foot path and the road most of the way, of course you could cycle to howth if you're feeling really energetic

apart from that the north side roads and traffic are well ya know crap

Advertisement