Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best route Lucan to Blanch?

Options
  • 24-05-2006 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    My GF has just started a new job in Ballycoolin in Blanchardstown. Can anyone suggest the quickest way in the mornings from Lucan to Blanch by car to be in Blanch for about 8.30/9.00
    thanks

IGGY

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

probably the way I would go (i'm not too sure about traffic at that time .. but must be better than the M50) .. leave lucan in the direction of clonsilla .. up tinkers hill (the steep hill after the very nasty left turn on the north side of the liffey) follow the road to clonsilla train station .. keep following the road to the right after the level crossing along the clonsilla road .. keep following the road until the large round about .. powercity should be ahead of you .. take the first exit and follow that road all the way over the N3, past blanchardstown shopping centre (on the right) past the IDA business park and Blanch Institute of Tech on the left until you can't go any further and you are more or less in Ballycoolin ... without traffic about 20 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

No traffic - M50

Traffic - I would head down the Strawberry Beds and turn up Porterstown hill and on to Blanch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭Trampas

the Guru wrote:
    No traffic - M50

Traffic - I would head down the Strawberry Beds and turn up Porterstown hill and on to Blanch

No traffic M50. All the traffic you would go through just to get to the M50.

Clonsilla I would. Don't even need to go up tinkers hill can always go the other way around. Turn left as you go over the liffey and in the back of westmanstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Marathon_Man

The road through Larachon is open now so when you cross the Liffey go straight. Take a right turn after a few Ks and you'll come out near westmanstown.

Advertisement