Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorcycle Lessons Dublin

Options
  • 24-05-2006 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi where can i get good lessons at a resnoble price in Dublin including bike hire + helmet etc

what are teh waiting times for a test?

Comments

Check out the FAQ at the top of the forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=133449

Waiting times vary from centre to centre. Check out the offiicial driving test website - dont know the address but google will have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I got a pretest from David Lyons (www.easyridertraining.com) recently. Very nice guy, relaxed and easy going but knows his stuff. He told me he hires bikes and that. Raheny has the shortest waiting time in Dublin for a test. David Lyons will cover the test route and he says the testers are all pretty sound. My test is coming up soon over there, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Just in case you were'nt aware of it. If you get a letter from your employer on headed paper, stating the you need a full license to carry out your duties; your test date will come through a lot quicker. My waiting time went from 51 weeks to 12. Ended up doing it on Friday 13th!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

I won a voucher for this crowd www.motorcycleskills.ie I found them excellent to do training with, with very reasonable rates and a friendly instructor. Defo recommend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Never bothered with lessons myself, but David Lyons is highly recommended by everyone that used him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

WOOOOOO David Lyons!!!! wooooo hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Way to resurrect a thread from 4 years ago... well done!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

jameshayes wrote: »
    Way to resurrect a thread from 4 years ago... well done!

haha, didn't even notice the dates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

OK Really Really Have to insist on you calling Aidan Sheehan I won't post his mobile but if you want it I'll Pm it to you. He really Brought me from Novice to very competent in a few lessons. Nice guy...no realation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

egan007 wrote: »
    OK Really Really Have to insist on you calling Aidan Sheehan I won't post his mobile but if you want it I'll Pm it to you. He really Brought me from Novice to very competent in a few lessons. Nice guy...no realation.

David Lyons did it in one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

WOOOOOO David Lyons!!!! wooooo hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

+1, even four years down the line....

Actually given how waiting times are it's quite possible the OP is still waiting for a date.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Hopefully he has got his test appointment already, especially as the thread is 3 1/2 years old :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Another +1 for Dave Lyons.

Got my riding and road competency on the bike in 1 day.

Best 300 notes I ever spent.

the fact that he always has a backlog on lessons speaks for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Die, Zombie thread - Die! :D

Advertisement