Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a fast bus from Dublin to Letterkenny

Options
  • 24-05-2006 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Hi I hope you guys can help me I need to find the fastest bus private or public that travells from Dublin to Letterkenny. I found a private bus (John Mc Ginley Coach Travel) but it goes via the M1 which is the wrong way and goes into Omah before going to Letterkenny. Can anybody help me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭nordydan

jjbrien wrote:
    Hi I hope you guys can help me I need to find the fastest bus private or public that travells from Dublin to Letterkenny. I found a private bus (John Mc Ginley Coach Travel) but it goes via the M1 which is the wrong way and goes into Omah before going to Letterkenny. Can anybody help me.

The quickest way is up the N1 as far as the N33 which joins the N2 at ardee, then continues up the n2 to the border, then becomes the A5 which goes through Omagh to strabane, you turn left and go to lifford then tak ethe N14 to letterkenny. So that probably is the right bus to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

There isn't a huge difference between the M1 or N2 routes but the M1 would usually be about 10-15mns quicker.

Bus Eireann and McGinleys take between 3h30 and 4hrs depending on time of day, which route and intermediate stops. Bus Eireann are usually a bit slower because they take a 10 min break in Monaghan.

Advertisement