Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aunt Salleh!

Options
  • 24-05-2006 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Probably belongs in TV, but this related to a retro show. Just spotted this on rte.ie :)
    Worzel Gummidge star joins EastEnders

Una Stubbs, who previously played Aunt Sally in 'Worzel Gummidge', is set to join the cast of 'EastEnders'.

Stubbs will play a character called Aunty Caroline in the soap, arriving in Albert Square to help her niece Honey prepare for her wedding.

The overprotective Aunty Caroline has acted as a surrogate mother to Honey since her own mother died while giving birth.

Honey's on-screen father is played by Nicky Henson, who was married to Stubbs for six years.

Stubbs said of her new role: "It has been a life-long ambition to be united on screen with Nicky Henson and Barbara Windsor, who are two very good friends of mine."

"I'm delighted to be joining the cast of EastEnders, having been a fan for many years," she said.

Stubbs' character is due to appear in the soap in August.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I remember her :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Faker_Baker

Cup of tea and a slice of cake

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Feckin' hell! I always knew Hunni reminded me of someone but couldn't remember who.

Una Stubbs! *slaps forehead* Of course!

Anyways, Eastenders has been rubbish of late....moan complain etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

worzel gummige used to freak me out when he took his head off :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

He had all sorts of different heads :) quality viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Hated Wurtzel Gummage, my mother used to make me watch it. terrrible telly indeed!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Was there another female character in it too?

Similar to Sally?

Advertisement