Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VoIP problems and Eircom

Options
  • 23-05-2006 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I set up a VoIP service at home last Friday, details are:

ISP: Eircom (Home Start €39.99 per mth)

Modem: Netopia 3347NWG (wireless)

Home setup: Single computer, cordless phone

ATA: Grandstream 486

I have experianced the same problem on Saturday, Monday & today i.e.

I can make calls out no problem but people dialling my number either get a busy signal or a recorded message (from Eircom) saying "The number you have called is not recognised. Please check the number and try again.”

I have reported this to Eircom who have checked the line and said all is ok. Their advice is just disconnect eveything, plug in the phone again and wait for everything to come back up.

Has anyone experianced this problem or have a solution? Thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

This is a recurring problem with inbound SIP connections (I don't think it'll be anything to do with Euircom) as your IP address from Eircom will probably change regularly and therefore Blueface can't find you when a call comes in to them. There are a few things that you could try :

1. Reset the ATA occasionally so that it'll re-register and Blueface will know where you are.

2. Put the Grandstream before the Eircom router. You'll need to be careful doing this as you'll have to change a lot of settings both in the ATA and in the Netopia. You can let the ATA do all the PPPoE stuff with Eircom and also let it do DHCP so that the Netopia is effectively just used as a bridge. This'll mean that the ATA is connected directly to the Internet and it'd rule out the possibility of the router interfering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 drumrock

Hi, I am not using Blueface. The call is coming into Eircom. So, it is not a registration problem its an Eircom PSTN pass through causing the problem???

Advertisement