Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz Fesitval reports?

Options
  • 23-05-2006 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭

So the Fitz festival kicked off last night and I was hoping some pros, semipros, or h'amateurs might feel like doing up some brief reports if and when they awaken before heading back into the fray.

In additon to whatever you feel may be of interest if you could mention numbers playing the tournie you were playing, any "faces" you saw/played with, prize pool and known final tablists etc t'would be good and maybe of some interest to those who intend playing a few supporting events later in the week.

Thanks.

Olly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Tom Hanlon

Does anyone have detail of the schedule of events for the week, or direct me to where I can find it please.

Thanks,

Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Check the link in this post Tom.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054934363

I can't get past the filter in work but it should cover what you need to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Tom Hanlon

Got it. Thanks Ollie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

The schedule has changed slightly due to the fact that the SDPT is not going to need 2 start days. The €5000 event starts on Friday now with an extra €100 rebuy satellite at 4pm on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

Any idea what time on Friday Mike?

• Advertisement

I hoped people would fill lthis thread with tales of big money finishes for the boardsters but it seems the boardsters saved all their good play for the Gresham game (and hopefully for next week for BigD and MrPT and the others who are laready qualified).

Anyway I went and played the final game of the festival myself last night having managed to sleep through the game on Friday night!! (don't ask:o )

Luckily enough I managed to chop this headsup at 4am this morning (when incidentally its quite bright outside!). A full and exhaustive report is on my blog. Thanks to the guys who have kept telling me a decent money finish was only around the corner. Hopefully I can get back into a long forgotten pattern of frequent trips to the winners enclosure!! (i.e. the poker desk ;) )

Olly

http://pokerok.blogspot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

ollyk1 wrote:
    I hoped people would fill lthis thread with tales of big money finishes for the boardsters but it seems the boardsters saved all their good play for the Gresham game (and hopefully for next week for BigD and MrPT and the others who are laready qualified).

Anyway I went and played the final game of the festival myself last night having managed to sleep through the game on Friday night!! (don't ask:o )

Luckily enough I managed to chop this headsup at 4am this morning (when incidentally its quite bright outside!). A full and exhaustive report is on my blog. Thanks to the guys who have kept telling me a decent money finish was only around the corner. Hopefully I can get back into a long forgotten pattern of frequent trips to the winners enclosure!! (i.e. the poker desk ;) )

Olly

http://pokerok.blogspot.com/

WP Olly Nice result and report. You investing some in this weekend???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Excellent!. I knew you'd run well in this. I wont be able to read the report until this evening.
    Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

:mad:

having said that I'm glad it was you.

i also managed to lose what little i won on the cash tables so overall its been a ****ty week.
    maybe I should be more like grumpy gavin and grind everyone down.

Cheers lads.

I don't think I'll be playing any big games this weekend Dave but your never know when the gambool monkey will call my name :rolleyes: :D I'm trying to play with more discipline in my game selection these days and its bearing some steady fruit so its hard to argue with it at the minute.

I wasn't sorry to dog you last night Des :o (I could lie and say I was !) but at least you know I'll be there for you on some other occasion and you'll get me!! :p That'll learn you for being nice to me and lending me poker books!! lol

Gavin's unique style has been honed over the years it would be hard to get yourself in the correct place mentally I think! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Well done Olly - so many reasons for congratulatory posts this past week! Great for the board, some one of us will really make it big this year I think.

ollyk1 wrote:
    Cheers lads.

I don't think I'll be playing any big games this weekend Dave but your never know when the gambool monkey will call my name :rolleyes: :D I'm trying to play with more discipline in my game selection these days and its bearing some steady fruit so its hard to argue with it at the minute.

I wasn't sorry to dog you last night Des :o (I could lie and say I was !) but at least you know I'll be there for you on some other occasion and you'll get me!! :p That'll learn you for being nice to me and lending me poker books!! lol

Gavin's unique style has been honed over the years it would be hard to get yourself in the correct place mentally I think! :D

Olly I'll send u my mobile number. I'm mooching around City West this week and if you want to go out just text me and I'll give u a lift. u can buy me a beer! :mad: :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ollyk1 wrote:
    That'll learn you for being nice to me and lending me poker books!!
    You are lucky he still had them cause he tried to give them to me twice, once on Saturday, once on Sunday!!!!!!

Well done Olly. I never got going at all after the break. Blah Blah Blog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Well done Ollie, very deserved, and also a huge well done to Dave and Eoin and everyone else who made the money in the Gresham. Like ionapaul said, it's only a matter of time before a regular here takes down a big event.

Report on Fridays rebuy game on my blog, also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ROONEY_DIVES

I can report the sighting of an absolute babe doing the tv interview after the 5k Final Table! Absolutely gorgeous

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

maybe I should be more like grumpy gavin and grind everyone down.

Who's Grumpy Gavin?

it doesnt really matter.
    he's a nice chap.
    just a little grumpy.
    and who wouldnt be with me annoying them?

and who wouldnt be with me annoying them?
    threatening to call the clock on him before he even thought for 5 seconds the hand after his big dwell up. That was funny. There were way too many dwell ups at that table though.

I can report the sighting of an absolute babe doing the tv interview after the 5k Final Table! Absolutely gorgeous
    confirmed.......

Advertisement