Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has RTE given up on CSI Las Vegas ?

Options
  • 22-05-2006 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

I think they have. while CSI is reaping all the benifits on wednesday night with double eppy on RTE TWO, CSI LV is on at Crap time (like come on saturday night!!!!!!!!!!) RTE seem to put all the there emphisis on Miami with double eppy and there already half way through season four while Meanwhile on LV we are still stuck on season five with no hope of ever seeing season six.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

they seem to have dropped the ball on it alright, and NY is a ridiculous time,
    Miami isn' a great time, it's main slot is after the champions league, the double episodes were for nights when the champions league wasn't on.
    edit, and i finished my season five dvds already so i'm waiting for season six.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

i have seen up episode 15 of season six and they are very good thanks to my friend. i'm going the buy season five when it fully comes out and is gone down in price cause it way too expensive at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

i have seen up episode 15 of season six and they are very good thanks to my friend. i'm going the buy season five when it fully comes out and is gone down in price cause it way too expensive at the moment

CAn get it on PLAYUSA for cheap enough(presuming you have multi regional)

iFight wrote:
    CAn get it on PLAYUSA for cheap enough(presuming you have multi regional)
    that okay. i have copies on dvd (that how i saw season five last year. they stoped me from going insane) and i have season six but i can only watch them on my computer. i'm actually watch the first eppy of season six right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Okay Okay. I just want to say I am really sorry.

I may have suggested that RTE show CSI:Las Vagas on Saturday nights to RTE.

I wrote to them suggesting to options: -

1. Show it after Tubrity on Saturday Night.
    2. Show it during the summer when ER isn't on the air. (They have given that to Grey's Antomy).

As for saturday night I was suggesting a 10:30 start to the show, not an around 11 start. But I think they gave Turbrity (Who I think is ****) an extra 30mins this year. And also they can never schedule the 9 o'clock news to go out at 9 o'clock on a saturday.

But at least they are showing the show, with out interuption from Prime Time Investigates, CrimeCall, the Bank Holiday Movie and Irish MiniSerials.

But again sorry for the suggestion. I think they should show it on RTE TWO at this stage. Maybe during the summer when DH or Lost is of the air.

• Advertisement

i think they have stopped showing it again. i don't think i'll email them though cause i keep falling on deaf ears, but i have good news. my flatmates and iare getting chorus so living tv here i come.

i picked up season five complete US set for 46 dollars on amazon, offers gone now it's back up to 64 dollars, but keep your eyes out, and be careful because amazon are also offering the exact same package of csi season 5 for 74 dollars, not sure why, i bought the cheaper option and it was the proper full package, i get all my csis from the states,i can't wait for our pathetic distribution season 5 part one releasesd in may here only, the whole season was released last november in the states

this is the cheaper one

i really don't get that part one and part two too. CBS love ripping us europeans off. i do have csi miami season two Region 1 for 40 euros which was pretty good

okay. why is their no csi on next week. theres no football so why not csi miami or las vegas. Are RTE at it again

i think they could be finished trying t not run out of season 4 too soon, they ran them too quickly and are only about 6-8 episodes form the end of the season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Traced

CSI seems to be getting a decent slot on RTE2. On Tuesday 19th September the Season 5 finale "Grave Danger Part 2" is on at 9PM and finally season 6 premieres straight after with "Bodies In Motion". Clearly RTE have decided to fill the gap in their RTE2 schedules with as much CSI asthey can. CSI:New York and Miami are on the following night as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

nice

nice

How long will it last?

Champions League will be back on a few weeks later and in the new year Deparate Housewives will take over on Tuesday Nights.
    learly RTE have decided to fill the gap in their RTE2 schedules with as much CSI as they can

Exactly that's all CSI is to RTE filler.

If they keep CSI:Las Vegas on Tuesday nights on RTE2 it will be september of next year when we see Season 7.

Only one listing for CSI this week which is Season 5 finale "Grave Danger Part 1" at 11:50 on Friday night ?????

Surely it would make more sence to show both parts on the same night or at the same time the following week (or previous week).

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fasterkitten

living tv show csi las vegas and miami from 10pm most nights. you should get it on ntl basic

living tv show csi las vegas and miami from 10pm most nights. you should get it on ntl basic

When do they show new episodes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Elmo wrote:
    When do they show new episodes?
    Fridays at 10 I think, they just started Season 6 two days ago. It used to be Miami that was news on Friday, so maybe that's over. Not sure, only watch Las Vegas myself.

They're showing Season 1 in the daily slot now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Elmo wrote:
    How long will it last?

Champions League will be back on a few weeks later

Champions League is back this week so they have obviously found a way to fit them both in

Champions League is back this week so they have obviously found a way to fit them both in

Champions League
    CSI
    Champions League
    Champions League
    CSI
    Champions League
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    CSI
    Champions League
    Dec 06: Desparate Housewives

It is a popular show and should have a proper schedule for once.

Traced wrote:
    CSI seems to be getting a decent slot on RTE2. On Tuesday 19th September the Season 5 finale "Grave Danger Part 2" is on at 9PM and finally season 6 premieres straight after with "Bodies In Motion". Clearly RTE have decided to fill the gap in their RTE2 schedules with as much CSI asthey can. CSI:New York and Miami are on the following night as well.
    Hi Trace
    i think your confused. it was last friday grave danger and season six started on LIVIING TV. RTE TWO are showing grave danger next friday at 23:50. i again state that rte are a bunch of twats. In the uk they can see season on five and living tv while irish fans are stuck in limbo with RTE. i really hoping i get to see season seven the same way i saw season six.

What season are Channel Six on?

Part two is on Tuesday the 19th @ and Part one is on Friday the 15th @ 11:50. SMART.

• Advertisement

I think channel six are on season one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Laredo

Elmo wrote:
    Exactly that's all CSI is to RTE filler.

It's a good programme to use as a filler.

Unlike most of the other primetime US dramas it is almost completely episodic.

Lost, Prison Break, Desperate Housewives, etc would be ruined by breaking them up as they have a continuous storyline but CSI episodes are watchable on their own.

It's an old programme now, few imports last in primetime for 6 seasons and there are plenty of far superior shows that end up on in the middle of the night or as lunchtime fillers.

They throw it around the schedule way too much. I would rather see a full season even though I know I don't have too.
    It's an old programme now, few imports last in primetime for 6 seasons and there are plenty of far superior shows that end up on in the middle of the night or as lunchtime fillers.

It's not that old! 8 season. Nothing has come along to replace it yet. But yes there are some really good new shows that RTE could easily give a proper time slot to and keep CSI as a filler. But they us pretty much everything as a filler. Except Lost, DH, Prison Break and 24(don't get me started on 24 and RTE :mad: )

Do you what i have notice though. The American shows i have seen on RTE in a good time slot are sponsered but shows that are put in crap timeslots are not(although i do know friends had a great time even though it wasn't sponsered most of the time)

OMG!!!!!!!! i think our compaining is finally getting through. will leahy mentioned on his show today and about the way rte are treating csi LV stating that rte just don't know where the put and he thought it was really stupid putting grave danger on really late last night. i have good news too. believe it or not. they put csi lv on tuesday nights and they are starting season six. lets hope it lasts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 AlexSummers

OMG!!!!!!!! i think our compaining is finally getting through. will leahy mentioned on his show today and about the way rte are treating csi LV stating that rte just don't know where the put and he thought it was really stupid putting grave danger on really late last night. i have good news too. believe it or not. they put csi lv on tuesday nights and they are starting season six. lets hope it lasts

Not going to last, Champions League starts the week after and season 6 moves back to late Friday night slot according to digiguide.

i spoke too soon. i kinda doesn't bother me though as i've already seen all of season six but i feel sorry for the othe fan who haven't. granted quite a few people have ethier sky or chorus or ntl so they can see season on living tv (and channel five again on ntl) i'll probably watch again on living because given the choice of watch it and a nice time of ten on living tv and crappy late time of maybe 12:00 on rte. i would go with living tv (as they repeat on sunday too)

Advertisement