Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trek/Galactica Relations

Options
  • 22-05-2006 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Has anyone noticed that there's a Grace Park (Boomer) in Galactica and a Linda Park (Hoshi Sato) in Star Trek: Enterprise? Anyone know if they're related or something? I might be jumping to conclusions because they both have Asian features, both actors, same surnames and both star in Sci-Fi shows, but then maybe not!

P.S: I really like the way the series is going because of the way that they're writing their own plot and not sticking to the original series' one. Roll on series 3!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I might be jumping to conclusions because they both have Asian features, both actors, same surnames and both star in Sci-Fi shows,

and are both HOT!!!

but yeah interesting point though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

magick wrote:
    and are both HOT!!!

:D A well made point.

I would think that Linda Park is marginally hotter.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Oh dear, have you not seen the Maxim (or is it FHM?) shoot of Grace Park? Very nice. Wouldn't want to have to pick between them though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

quad_red wrote:
    :D A well made point.

I would think that Linda Park is marginally hotter.
    Nah, its a well known fact that Grace Park is much hotter :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

does that mean that a willingness to strip off makes a woman hotter? (as Grace Park did in FHM).

What am I saying.... of course it does! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭ivan087

park is a very popular korean surname. about 90% of korea is either park or lee!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I saw an interview with Grace, around the time season 1 of Galactica first aired, where they asked her if she was related to Linda, and she said no. Anyway ivan087 is right, Park is one of the more common names for Koreans, so there are probably hundreds of thousands with the same name, like asking someone named Murphy in Ireland really.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

That solves that then:)

I actually tested your theory by shouting 'Hey, Murphy!' to my office and I got about 25 heads turned at me. One threatened 'tah beah meh wih 'ha shovel!'. I'm taking the back door out home tonight... :D

Advertisement