Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I Ask A Girl Out

Options
  • 22-05-2006 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Im Thinking of askin this girl iv known for 7 years out but heres the problem she aint really the type to go for a relationship but i think she likes me but i really dont know. I Dont wanna ask her out because i dont wanna ruin a good friendship because i know it will change things if i ask her out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

You'll never know if she the type for a relationship if you dont ask her. In terms of ruining your friendship look at it this way, if it works out you will have something immeasurably better then what you have now and if it doesnt work out sure if the girls anyway cool she'll still be your friend(if thats what you want). I am a firm believer in taking this chance "who dares wins" and all that crack. And if it doesnt work out you will never have the regret of the "what if" factor something which I could never deal with. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭observer

asking someone out defo won't ruin a friendship! i asked one of my closest friends out and got knocked back and we're still good friends. but whatever you do choose your words wisely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭nohshow

You've known her for seven years, I'm guessing you can say pretty near anything to her by now. If not, then perhaps she isn't the one you should be asking out, anyway. Is it a superficial relationship at the moment? Have you asked yourself what makes you think it needs to be taken further? If you're worried about losing her friendship, does that say more about your intentions than about her possible reaction?

How about informally going out with her a couple of times - company in the cinema or at a show, a minor celebration of some sort - see how the land lies when you're alone together. A sort of a pre-date scenario.

Finally, I don't know how old you are but you'll make an lose a lot more friends before you settle down and that's the way things are. The world won't end whatever happens, and while there's a chance of making life on it a little bit better for at least two people, maybe that's enough to take a gamble on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Ask her out! If it backfires, you can always use it to lighten the mood of a conversation down the road - "Hey, remember that time you knocked me down? Well, it's your round now" :-)

And if it works, then you don't have to go though that awkward phase the rest of us do when getting to know someone initially.

Best of luck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

observer wrote:
    asking someone out defo won't ruin a friendship! i asked one of my closest friends out and got knocked back and we're still good friends. but whatever you do choose your words wisely!

Same for me.

Give it sox m8! You'll just be left wondering otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I was best friends with my boyf for about 4 years before we got together. Never really thought about him in any other way untill one day, we were watching tv and something just snapped. I go the most powerful urge to kiss him - and I did. Frightened the sh1te out of him but was well worth it! That was 3 years ago and was the best thing I ever did. I say go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kuz_3040

Thnx for that i think i will jst need to make sure i do it with some style lol and hopefully i wont screw my words up lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

G'wan my son :) You'll be wrecking your head if you dont ask her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Just talk to her, she is your friend remember! :)

She will understand either way

Advertisement