Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Guy Season 4

Options
  • 22-05-2006 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭

Anyone else seen FG season 4?
    seriously its brilliant. absolutely legendary.
    like .. the cookie monster "shooting up" in the jacks
    or stewie asking Brian has he written the book yet ..full 1 minute of awkward silence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

"I just found out im retarded, i think you better get yourself tested." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

are there any special features?
    I have seen FG4 for 25 euro iirc on cdwow, gonna get after my bastard exams

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Picked this up for E30 last week, it is fuccking class, I hate building things up too much for people coz then it can only be a little worse than expected but the dvd is great, special features are cool too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Yeah Rollo, there's actually a good few, stuff like table-reads, animatics, previews, deleted scenes and other.. stuff I can't remember, they're decent enough. The series itself is pretty decent, my expectations were just a bit too high I feel as I waited so long for it (as we all did :rolleyes:). I personally liked the Evil Monkey's Hawaiian themed party, can't remember the episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

did ye see quagmire;s supposed spanish son,,speaking spanish ,with the odd
    giggity thrown in.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

nice one on the special features, it's some dose that S1/2/3 had just the episodes and no speicals. Going behind the scenes is just as funny i would imagine as some of the episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Some great episodes.

But the best bit just had to be "Passion of the Christ 2" in the first episode...

"Let he who is without sin, kick the first....ASS"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Going behind the scenes is just as funny i would imagine as some of the episodes.

Yep, they are quite funny at behind the scenes aswell. Could just imagine sitting in the room when they are goin through the scripts together for the first time. Would be hilarious.

Some of my favourite bits of S4 are the Passion of the christ 2 bits, when Peter forgets how to sit down and when Stewie creates that awkwards silence when talking to brian about his novel. Hilarious stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Bought this in Tesco last week and watched it over the weekend. Spent the weekend in tears of laughter and in actual pain at times from laughing so hard. Well worth the money.
    HavoK wrote:
    But the best bit just had to be "Passion of the Christ 2"...

Yeah, that was good alright but I personally thought the best bit was
    Chris getting sucked into the "Take On Me"
    video. Sheer comedy genius........ especially if you're of a "certain" age (like myself! :eek: :D ) and remember that video clearly from when it first came out. God, I suddenly feel very old! :D

Other great bits that had me in tears of laughter were:

1: the people
    setting themselves on fire and jumping out windows
    when they saw Meg.

2: the
    "You've Got AIDS" song.
    I know I shouldn't have laughed at that and will probably go to hell for doing so but I just couldn't help it, it was brilliantly done! :D

3: Peter
    picking up Joe by the legs and using him like a big hammer to literally smash the bejaysus out of the karaoke machine after doing a great job on "Don't Stop Believin'"
    (Once again, if you're of a certain age and remember Journey well, it'll have seemed even funnier! :D ). I replayed that scene over and over and I was literally in pain from laughing so hard at it. "YEAH! GET SOME! GET SOME!" :D

They're just a few of the stand out moments for me in what is a great DVD boxset overall. Oh, and who can forget the return
    of the giant chicken! :D What a fight!
    As they say in the commentary, probably the only way they could now top that one would be to have Peter
    and the chicken in a lightsaber fight on a lava planet
    or something. They really excelled themselves this time around.

I only found out, though, that apparantly this isn't the complete series. Seems it's only half the episodes or so of series 4. Looks like Fox (realising how popular the DVDs are and how well they sell) have decided to split the series into two boxsets this time around, no doubt to make even more money from them. :mad: :rolleyes: Bit scaby of them, I have to say, but I think we're going to find it becoming a more and more common thing with TV show boxsets. Looks like the TV companies now realise the money-making potential there is in DVD sales and are going to try and milk it for all it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

A few good bits:
    The ep where Joe accidentally falls off the boat while playing charedes(?) and when the spanish sailors give him CPR: "Your right, Peter" that cracked me up.

Stewie's iPod commercial

The gay orgy on The Perfect Castaway was hilarious

And finally: Peter: This is more intense than that time I forgot how to sit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

or peter getting the beating off the romans..
    hey hey hey stop it ok stop it.

also, the guy trying to snatch babies in the supermarket..
    you got me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

my incarserated partner's retarded gay niece went to yale!
    and brians professor and the wife!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I was just watching season four again today, god I love it.
    The book thing is my favourite family guy moment, laughing for ages.
    We did impressions of it for ages, about everything, 'make dinner yet, hmm? hmm?'

Advertisement