Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface error 408

Options
  • 22-05-2006 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking of setting up VOIP through blueface at home but I haven't been able to get it working. I have a 3meg BT Broadband connection and I can receive incomming calls but when I try to make an outgoing call I get error 408 timeout. I have been in contact with blueface support through emails and they believe there is no problem on their end.

Anyone got any idea's? I using X-Lite softphone to test the connection.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

irish1 wrote:
    I get error 408 timeout

Where/when do you get this? Does the X-lite screen say "Logged in - Enter Phone Number" or similar before you start?[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

bhickey wrote:
    Where/when do you get this? Does the X-lite screen say "Logged in - Enter Phone Number" or similar before you start?
    [/QUOTE]
    I get error 408 timed out after I try making a call, it says connecting for about 10-15 secs then gives that error and yes it does say "Logged in - Enter Phone Number" before I start?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

irish1 wrote:
    I get error 408 timed out after I try making a call, it says connecting for about 10-15 secs then gives that error and yes it does say "Logged in - Enter Phone Number" before I start?

Have you tried any of the Blueface test numbers :

300 - Monkeys
    301 - Echo Test
    302 - TellMe (via FWD and often unavailable during US working hours)
    303 - Speaking Clock

Do you hear a dialtone? Does the phone at the other end actually ring? Have you tried any other SIP accounts, e.g. http://www.freeworlddialup.com/ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I'm not at home at the moment but I'll check that this evening, I do get a dial tone and I can receive calls.
    Thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

bhickey wrote:
    Where/when do you get this? Does the X-lite screen say "Logged in - Enter Phone Number" or similar before you start?
    Sorry, slightly off topic here, but I tried to use X-Lite last week, and I can't figure out how to call a number in the phone book. Double-clicking on an entry just opens it for editing. Amd I missing something blindingly obvious?

• Advertisement
Advertisement