Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adm Fulara Litreally impossible technique!!!!!

Options
  • 22-05-2006 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTD2mwwlPqc&search=adam%20fulara

So I remember learning the piece 'Granada' by Albenez and thinking how important it was to have those 2 independant lines going on and thats a difficult piece to pull off, but this guy is ridiculous, this Bach stuff is difficult with two guitars, never mind someone trying to play all the notes using a two neck guitar, technique aside the music is tricky as f*ck becuase it all moves in counterpoint so you've bass lines ascending and treble lines descending, just look at his face, now thats what i call concentration....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Whilst i admit that stuff is very impressive technically i just can't see the point in playing like that simply as the tone just isn't nice at all! if you want to play like that play a piano!
    Though there are a few guitarist i really like who use the old two hand tapping technique (michael hedges especially) that stuff just doesn't do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Whilst i admit that stuff is very impressive technically i just can't see the point in playing like that simply as the tone just isn't nice at all! if you want to play like that play a piano!
    Though there are a few guitarist i really like who use the old two hand tapping technique (michael hedges especially) that stuff just doesn't do it for me.

yeah the quality of the recording isn't great, and the tone comes with the compression and is a necessary evil but the music is amazing (closest thing I've to reproducing bach on the guitar and I've heard an unbelievable amount of classical guitarists who just omit too many notes to make it work on six strings the technique is better than just impressive btw the guy is an animal

listen with your eyes closed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Jesus I wonder how many hours a day he spends practicing.

hes past practising more or less, he fine tunes that technique now, his brain hears a lot of stuff, he must have incredible inate musicality to pull this off the more i listen the better it sounds, the fellas a fu*king genius

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I had to watch it twice ! I couldn't stop laughing when I saw his face the first time around, I was still giggling when I played it a second time. Pretty impressive though ;)

• Advertisement

Pyr0 wrote:
    I had to watch it twice ! I couldn't stop laughing when I saw his face the first time around, I was still giggling when I played it a second time. Pretty impressive though ;)

seriously you need to be concentrating like that to play what this guys playing his brain is litreally melting
    listen with your eyes closed, amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Oh I agree it's amazing and would need a very clear head to do, but it's still funny regardless ;)

Advertisement