Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed re emails tracing.....

Options
  • 21-05-2006 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, need a bit of technical help here!
    Can deleted emails be traced again and brought back up from the hard drive??
    Can someone with computer know-how read emails i have sent from my email a/c and deleted??
    My hubby reckons he can get someone to get private stuff off my hard drive!!
    Any advice appreciated..... :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

are you trying to recover or wipe the emails ?

I'm guessing you are using windows but which email program ? - they differ a loteg: Outlook is a totally different product from Outlook Express and email recovery and wiping vary a lot.
    or do you use Webmail / online email ?

deleted stuff is may not overwritten until you start to run out of space on the drive, but Sod's law says when you want to recover it that's the free space that would get used.

Advertisement