Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nas Drops New LP In September, Declares Hip-Hop Dead.

Options
  • 21-05-2006 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

So Hip-Hop's dead...and Nas decides to work with a member of the group that made My Humps? :rolleyes:
    Last night (5/18) Nas graced the stage at New York's Radio City Music Hall, capping off his short set by announcing plans to release his next album this September.

"I'm working hard for y'all, I got an album coming out in September," Nas told the crowd.

Nas' September release, titled Hip-Hop is Dead, will be the first of two albums jointly marketed by Def Jam and Nas' previous label, Columbia. Nas and Def Jam president Jay-Z announced they'd deaded their beef at Jay-Z's "I Declare War" concert last October and in January the two furthered their relationship when Nas joined the Def Jam roster. With their partnership solidified Jay-Z has even raised the possibility that he might make a guest appearance on the new Nas release.

Hip Hop is Dead will be Nas' follow-up to 2004's Streets Disciple which sold some 694,000 copies according to Nielsen Soundscan. Billboard.com has also reported that Black Eyed Peas member will.i.am is also scheduled to record with Nas for the new project.

In related news, The Roots are also preparing their new Def Jam debut Game Theory, which is scheduled to be released late Summer 2006. Their first single "Don't Feel Right" dropped earlier this month.

Anybody hear the Roots single? :confused:

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/9018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

I didn't know that was their first single. Its on hip hop game.

will.i.am producing for Nas? It better not sound anything like the black eyed peas last few releases! A Jay-Z appearance would be cool. This album sounds like it could be very rushed. We'll have to wait and see I guess. Hopefully it will have some good producers on it. Nas and Just Blaze maybe? Kanye?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

BEP and Will.I.Am pre Fergie were a decent outfit and they made good music, there's nothing to say a song with Nas wont be good, however on recent history (Pussy Cat Dolls) I wouldn't hold out for much. For some reason I'm getting flashbacks to that awful song Nas did with Kelis on the last album.

New Roots single is nice. Far more Things Fall Apart than Tipping Point. They are back to sounding like a real band again. The hook is the only downside as it's overused I feel but other than that it's a proper Roots song.

Advertisement