Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Get That Certain Guitar Sound Thread

Options
  • 21-05-2006 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi,

I thought this might be a useful thread or maybe not... :P

I would like to know how to get the guitar sound from the songs:

Nothing by A
    Hollywood by Nickelback

Thanks, if you can help,

-Iain

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

www.guitargeek.com

Might cost ya a few bob by the looks of things. By a Pod XT and got to Custom Tone.com!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

www.guitargeek.com

Might cost ya a few bob by the looks of things. By a Pod XT and got to Custom Tone.com!
    That site sucks... can't even find Bob Dylan if you search for him under artist...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Man if you have to look up what someone non-shreddingly credible as Bob Dylan you're hardly a guitar geek! Most other guitar hero types are up there anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

fairly surprised dave gilmour isn't on it, always thought he had the best tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Meh, Guitar Geek hasn't been updated in ages. They got the gig of doing the illustrations for Guitar World and it all went downhill from there...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

steveland? wrote:
    That site sucks... can't even find Bob Dylan if you search for him under artist...

Yea, a lot of artists aren't on it, but there are a few ones that are. The one I was most interested in was Johnny Greenwood(crazy, crazy set up!) and they had him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

WTF where's Jimmy Page

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Aww, no Steven Drozd, either. But Bob Dylan's guitar tone is hardly much of a topic of discussion, is it? I'm not wailing on Dylan or anything, the man's a legend (Legend as in the proper sense of the word) and a genious, but his guitar is fairly straight-forward, right?

(And yeah, Jonny Greenwood's set up is mental! I can't get my head around it.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

WTF where's Jimmy Page

i would have thought he would be in there....he is after all the guitarist who started it all!(but if u get a marshall amp, put bass on 8, contour on 2, trerble on 5 and reverb on 3 u should be able to get a pagelike tone!) cant belive gilmore aint up there either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Eddie van halens setup looks mental....why the **** lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement