Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wrens

Options
  • 20-05-2006 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Got the Meadowlands about two weeks ago and I've been completely blown away by it. Brilliant album, great little gem and all that, but really heartbreaking at times too. Every song seems to have an amazing hook to it, and killer lines.

Albums nearly never have this effect one me, but this one is just bursting with brutal honesty about relationships/hardships of the band but its never depressing because its so good. I actually found some of the breakup type songs uplifting because I could identify with them so easily, I think a lot of people will be able to.

I can't wait to get into their other younger stuff but I doubt it will be as deep as this album. Anyone else like them?

Also I think their history gets talked about a little too much in reviews, even though it is a very interesting story. Think theres a documentary on them coming out in some format that I'd love to see.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

never heard of them! Who would you comparew them to? Sound wise(obvious i kno)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Sound wise I'm not too sure...they're pretty simple indie music. If you like any indie music you'll like their sound a lot I guess. Meadowlands is probably half dreamy and half just rock. Its a great sounding album. But theres a lot more about it that just makes it kind of...extraordinary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

I've heard a lot about that album. Its been on my list to buy for quite some time now, if only i wasnt so broke :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

An oldie but a goodie, stuck it back on a couple of weeks ago, seems a little dated but still got some great songs... Man that boy is exhausted...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

wrens are pretty awesome, great record, amazing live band and they're lovely blokes n' all

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote:
    An oldie but a goodie, stuck it back on a couple of weeks ago, seems a little dated but still got some great songs... Man that boy is exhausted...

hardly an oldie, the record was released in 03!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Garret wrote:
    hardly an oldie, the record was released in 03!

Might only have been released in 03 but the songs on it have been going around since just after their first album in 96,

Their debut album was in 94. Secaucus was their second album. But yeah the songs go back that far.

Depends what you consider an oldie i suppose

Advertisement