Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under rated MC's

Options
  • 20-05-2006 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭

I want to get a list going of under rated MC's. Pretty obvious from the thread title.So just add on who you guys think. I think that this guy is one of the most under rated ever...

Black Thought

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Cage.

Listen to Hells Winter and tell me you don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I listened to Hell's Winter and I didn't like it.

Rah Digga.Listen to Lessons of Today and tell me she isn't a brilliant storyteller.Hell Razah and Inspectah Deck also come to mind.AZ and Ras Kass are top 10 of all time imo,but nobody seems to agree. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Have Institutionalized and agree that Ras Kass is a class MC, haven't listened to much of AZ and haven't herd Hellz Winter so i ain't qualified to comment on them.

I'll go with Pharoah Monche, still waiting for the follow up to Internal Affairs, because if his next album will be more of the same, then it'll be a banger!! He's, lyrically, streets ahead of the majority of rappers

Yeah Cage's voice was annoying to say the least,some decent lyrics and production though.

Cormega deserves to be on this list purely for The Saga Remix.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I don't find Cage to have annoying voice, on the flipside to that I do find AZ and Cormega (AZ in particular) to have annoying voices.

It's really what has put me off listening to both of them.

Have to say C-Rayz Walz is rather under rated. Even just from a Def Jux perspective.

• Advertisement

While I understand that all have pronouced lisps,I have never had a problem with AZ's lisp in anyway although it took me a while to get used to Cormega's voice.As well AZ is on another level lyrically then both,Mega's beat selection is incredible,while Cage to me has the worst lisp of the three.I can see the appeal of Hell's Winter-however the production style is a bit too depressing for me and I can't listen to Cage for more then ten minutes.

Tragedy is another MC who doesn't get enough credit.Been around for ages,and even now he can put out hot verses again and again on albums.Himself and Killah Priest have two of the better discographys in Hip-Hop and are lyrically first class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Yup, Trag is one of the most overlooked emcee's around. Been around forever, and still releasing good music. Also interesting to note him and Cormega were to do a project together a year or two ago but due to Trag's slackness in getting into the studio Cormega chose to do an album with Lake. A bit of a trade down.

Listen to No Equivalant and They forced my hand, what could have been! ::Sigh::

Trag put out two albums last year so I wouldn't be suprised if Tragedy is a bit slack.

Kinda looking forward to hearing some more of Lake though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kanibus

Chino XL
    Canibus
    Inspectah Deck
    Ras Kass
    Wordsworth
    Black Thought
    Aesop Rock
    Royce Da 5'9
    Jae Millz
    Big L
    Jeru The Damaja
    Juice
    Pharoahe Monch
    Ghostface Killah
    Freeway
    Dead Prez
    AZ
    Jurrasic 5
    Killah Priest

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

Sage francis. Dr. Octagon aka Kool Keith. Saul Williams

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 The Poet

AZ gotta be the most under-rated MC in the game, no doubt about it

dude has been spittin' hot fire for over ten years yet he doesn't get the respect he deserves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Basebeatbang

Jae Millz is unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Atmosphere.
    Listen to 'dont ever ****in question that' and 'saves the day'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

jehst

klashnekoff

rodney p

ri ra

The Poet wrote:
    AZ gotta be the most under-rated MC in the game, no doubt about it

dude has been spittin' hot fire for over ten years yet he doesn't get the respect he deserves
    OH so true

Jae Millz is unreal!
    Oh so truer! Hes my fav rapper since Big L!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Resistance

Supernatural. Unreal at freestyles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Paul Wall.....

No....I cant even do it as a joke, haha. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Lord Finesse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Atmosphere.
    Listen to 'dont ever ****in question that' and 'saves the day'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement