Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Count the Leprechauns

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jimmidy_cricket

Yeah, spoiler: You notice the way the bottom part is one big strip, where all the legs are, and the top part is in two bits, well when yer man was sticking the 'banner' back together he mixed the top parts up making it appear the there are 15 leprachauns and not 14, if he swaped the topparts round again it's go back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

I think Blisterman got that much alright.

What he was asking was where the extra leprechaun comes from in the bottom pic. This question has been driving me up the walls for the last while. But from what i can work out, the bottom banner seems to "steal" bits off leprauchans in the top bottom to make that extra one. Look at the very last little guy... no eyes. Similarly, look at the guy in the middle of the second last column who seems to be missing the lower half of his face altogther. Also all the leprechauns in the top pic occupy both the top and bottom half of the the banner but if you look in the last column of the bottom pic you'll see that one of the leprechauns only sits in the top half.. his legs have been stolen!
    I need to get out more.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Found this solution on the web:

http://www.roadshow.org/activities/explanation.html

I'm not sure I'm any the wiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭w66w66

Don’t think of them as leprechauns, think of them as numbers. So on the first picture you would have 1-14 on the top, and on the bottom you have 15-28. Then it takes a pair, one from the top and one from the bottom to make one ‘Leprechaun’. So 1 is paired with 15 making one leprechaun, 2-16, 3-17, and so on up 14-28. This leaves you with 14 pairs. Then in next picture, you can see the top numbers have been switched around, for example 15 is now paired with 10. Now, if you join up all the pairs in the second frame you will find there are now only 13 pairs, looking closely you can see number 7 from the first frame is now a single as is number 20. So these singles are now making up two leprechauns, this is what gives you 15 ‘leprechauns’ in the second frame.

Advertisement