Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Series of Darts

Options
  • 20-05-2006 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Here is the first round draw for the WSOD.

World Series of Darts - Round One Draw
    Colin Lloyd (1) v Isen Veljic
    Adrian Lewis (16) v Jim Widmayer
    Andy Jenkins (8) v Tom Curtin
    Denis Ovens (9) v Bill Davis - FNM Qualifier 2
    Peter Manley (5) v Ray Carver
    Mark Walsh (12) v Jeffrey Russell - FNM Qualifier 1
    Roland Scholten (4) v Roger Carter
    Dennis Priestley (13) v Joe Efter
    Phil Taylor (2) v Tim O'Gorman - FNM Qualifier 3
    Terry Jenkins (15) v Timothy Grossman
    Kevin Painter (7) v Jim Watkins
    Mark Dudbridge (10) v Joe Slivan
    Wayne Mardle (6) v Dave DePriest
    John Part (11) v John Kuczynski
    Ronnie Baxter (3) v Brad Wethington - FNM Qualifier 4
    Alan Warriner-Little (14) v Joe Chaney

The three best games of the first round look to be Manley-Carver, Scholten Carter and Part-Kuczynski.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Results now all up on Planet Darts

I guess this was a total disaster!

15 of the 16 yanks lost in the first round. Only exception was JohnnyK edging past John Part 6-5 (the only first round game to go the distance), but he went on to lose to Mardle in the second round.

Adrian Lewis beat Colin Lloyd in round 2. Dennis Priestley continued his recent good form with victories over Manley and Scholten to make it to the semis, but he was trounced 11-1 by Lewis, who himself was well beaten in the final by Taylor 13-5.

Elsewhere the BDO Welsh Open took place, and Michael van Gerwen beat Gary Anderson in the final with a 104.5 average.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I didnt even realise the WSOD was on, this damn studying is making me miss everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I am not sure if you could call this a disaster. No one expected any of the qualifiers to go very far in this tournament. The lure of the $1 mil was great hype for darts and it created just that.

I have recently relocated from the States and there was a huge 'buzz' about this tournament in every dart league. There were articles written about darts in newspapers that have never carried a word about them in the past.

We were throwing in our league in Chicago when a camerman came in to shoot some pics of Isen Veljic who was on his way to shoot in the 1st qualifier (which he went on to win that following weekend). The very thought of going to a qualifier for a chance at throwing against the best in the world brought out the media.

How many people in the World would have been able to keep up with the Top 16 dart throwers in the world ? The fact that one player got past the first round should be considered a success. The fact that one player beat a former World Champion is even more impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

We were throwing in our league in Chicago
    What team did you play for over there? Were you ever in Sidekicks or the Thatch?

I was throwing for the Thatch up until I moved to Dublin in February.

That's where the photographer came in to take some shots of Isen Veljic before the qualifier..

• Advertisement

I was throwing for the Thatch up until I moved to Dublin in February.
    A friend of mine from Donegal (Conal) and his missus (Rosie) ran the place up till last year (wasent over last summer and AFAIK they are no longer running it), as it is not to far from my aunts house I usualy go for a drink when on hols there.

I know them both very well, as well as Rosie's partner Christina.

The bar is still up and running, but Christina and Rosie are no longer managing it. There are two sisters running it now with Christina and Rosie still working their shifts behind the bar.

Truly one of my favourite places in Chicago.

Is Sidekicks that 4:00am bar on Montrose ?? Because if it is I cannot confirm/deny that I have spent any time there !!

Is Sidekicks that 4:00am bar on Montrose ?? Because if it is I cannot confirm/deny that I have spent any time there !!
    Yeah!! real freak show at that time of the morning it is best to be very drunk when entering, 6 dart boards (at least can't remeber) in the back!! always say never again but when everywhere else closes it is hard to resist!

The local 4:00am/5:00am dive of choice has always been the place a few doors down from The Thatch. I think it is called Laskos.

Again another place that I can neither confirm/deny that I have ever spent any significant time in.

Any reports otherwise should just be considered gossip and immediately dismissed LOL

I am a Southsider. These places are like kryponite to me. It was @ 45 minute drive to The Thatch when there was no traffic, of course it would be a much more interesting drive if I was in any of these alleged places.

As the man said ....say nothin' until you hear more. LOL

Advertisement