Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making Xbox games load faster, 30% faster ?

• 20-05-2006 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Mods/ata_100_mod.htm

simple mod to improve game load times by 20-30% by replacing the standard xbox ide cable with an ATA 100 cable

I seen this post from last year, just wondering does anyone know where i can get one of these cables from, the one from the the link works out to be 26 Euro. I know the cable aint worth that much. I have seen some on the net but aren't the right length.

Also has anyone tried this, does it work ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Bu11et_Proof

Just found another link :

http://web-nine.com/projects/xbox/ide/

says you can use a standard 24" Dual Device ATA100 or ATA133 IDE ribbon cable.

so gonnna get one and give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

has to be cable select though.

what decides if its is cable select ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

what decides if its is cable select ?

jumper. I av that cables, cant say it made a huge difference, but still good value.

so i jsut set the correct jumpers on the hard drive and cd drive on xbox ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

For Cable select both the cable and drives have to support it. All IDE drives support it now but a lot of older cables dont support cable select.
    On the xbox both drives have to be set to cable select or it wont boot so just leave them the way they are. I think that most 80pin IDE cables are cable-select compatible cables as standard but you'll really have to check either the box it comes in or check cable manufacturer's websites and look to see if they mention either cable-select, CS or CSEL in the cable specifications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Was nearly sure I'd posted on this already.

You will notice the speed difference on playing games from the hdd, and loading save games from cache/hdd.

Half Life 2 for example from a cold boot, loading save game was around 65 seconds, wit the cable mod it was under 40 seconds, the same holds through for moving between levels.

Such a simple mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Cable-select use the same method used by floppy cables - position of the drive on the cable selects whether it's master or slave.

Wiki.

Advertisement