Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spoilers vs. No Spoilers

Options
  • 20-05-2006 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭

**WARNING: This thread may contain spoilers for IRL viewers. In the interest of letting IRL viewers contribute to this thread could all season 2 spoilers be clearly marked and spoiler tagged with no hint of what the hidden text is **

So which camp do you fit into? Do you love the shocks and twists that drop your jaw to the floor or do you like to know everything that's going to happen?

I'm in the spoiler free zone though I do check out the TV promos and episode synopsys. Sometime I flirt with Lostpedia and check out guest appearances, locations, etc. Nothing major. I'd hate to have any of the shocks of S2 spoiled on me. For instance, ep 6 was a poor episode right up to the point where Shannon got shot. Had I know that was going to happen I don't think I'd have liked the episode at all. Other shocks in episodes US:
    15 - realising it's an "on the island" flashback, 17 - map, 21 - Michael gets trigger happy
    would have been ruined if I read spoilers for the episode.

What is it that makes ye spoiler hunters read spoilers? Do ye find the episode's better because you know what's going to happen? Do ye not think that a television show is best enjoyed by watching it on TV as opposed to reading about it and then watching it?

Spoilers or no spoilers? 11 votes

Gimme those sweet spoilers!
    0% 0 votes
    Some, but nothing major.
    36% 4 votes
    Keep those damn spoilers away from me!
    63% 7 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

no spoilers ftw. why wud you read something that wud spoil the story of a series like Lost?? it makes no sense:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

"No spoliers!"
    *booo*

"Ok....Spoliers for everyone"
    *boooo*

"Spoilers for some... miniature american flags for others."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

what seems to be more annoying is people who read spoilers and then go all agro because the story's been spoiled... surely, if you don't wanna know... DON'T READ SPOILERS.. more annoying though is people who get agro at opinions or theories..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I won't even read the Tv guide's blurb.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

im a spoiler boy simply because about a year or so ago, i started watchin 24. i got the dvd of season 1 and was encouraged to watch the entire series in as short a time as possible. so i averaged about three days per series all through 1-4. then i started watchin lost and man was it slow!!!but not only the episodes were slow, but after watchin one, the familiar option to watch the next bit was not there, which i found very frustratin. now i no im just very impatient, and im also too impatient to wait til the end of the series and watch them all, but its just wat im used to wit 24. my crowning achievement was watchin 24 season 3 in a single day. i highly recommend it to everyone, u get totally lost [sorry about the pun] in the series from start to finish. dam lost especially its ridiculous breaks, at least 24 season 5 started in january and went straight from start to finish [well not quite yet] wit no breaks. much better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Absolutely no spoilers. I don't even like knowing the name of the episode before I see it!

There should be a complete crackdown on any spoilers concerning the finale. Anyone who posts spoilers should have the thread deleted and be banned from the section. What does everyone else think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

There should be a complete crackdown on any spoilers concerning the finale. Anyone who posts spoilers should have the thread deleted and be banned from the section. What does everyone else think?
    But some people like spoilers! If someone does post a spoiler they should clearly say spoiler and then you don't have to read it.
    Sometimes I read spoilers, although I always regret it afterwards! I knew Shannon and Boon were going to die but knowing about Shannon was totally an accident, I just turned on E News and they showed her dying!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Damn ****ing right. Its simple. If you like spoilers than post in the pre-"whatever episode" discussion. I hate fanboys who read every god damn forum then post back here what they've recently "thought" and act as if they deserve some kind of medal... I only watch the episodes and decide whats going on from there. Theres no need for some retard to say what he has seen in screenshots from the next episode, in threads of the current US one. If this happens again, I may have to choke a bitch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Louisiana

i was always anti-spoiler but i found some of the episodes in season 2 were dragging on a bit compared to season 1, so i had a little look at some stills and now im very interested in whats coming up! im not looking at anymore though.

i agree, no spoilers onthe finale!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

No spoilers, definately. I cannot stand it when people find out exactly what's going to happen in an upcoming episode and drop hints and allusions to it all over the place, acting like you're some kind of dumbass because you don't know.

Faith wrote:
    No spoilers, definately. I cannot stand it when people find out exactly what's going to happen in an upcoming episode and drop hints and allusions to it all over the place, acting like you're some kind of dumbass because you don't know.
    Ugh, that pisses me off too. There's a guy in my course who acts like it's some sort of amazing acheivement that he's been downloading the US eps.

lost is only a tv show... calm down

loon wrote:
    lost is only a tv show... calm down
    Don't listen to him, he's an other!

lol... then i must be watching you... so go and type them goddamn numbers in..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Could someone who enjoys spoilers please give their opinion here. So far it's all been "I hate spoilers" and I already understand where they are coming from. I want to know what it is that ye "spoiler junkies" get out of it.

Loon, BobbyC? Maybe one of ye could give me a bit of insight. I just find it hard to believe ye could enjoy reading about these amazing plot twists instead of watching it happen on the screen with no prior knowledge. Do ye not think ye are missing out on anything? For me, the twists and shocks are what make Lost great. Without them, it'd be boring as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭peterwilson

I like spoilers.

Heres a
    you will die alone!(end triumph)

i can't really comment.. as i only read spoilers to see if people are getting it right... i find that the problem lies with those who cannot distinguish between a spoiler and an idea..

..worse though is people who go onto other threads and copy whats been written there in an attempt to big themselves up (do these people really think no-one looks at other sites?)..

..mainly i enjoy arguing against and disproving theories whether they are correct or not..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MIGWAR-DWP

I'm a total spoiler junkie. I'll read any spoilers I can to work out what's going to happen. It's a total desire for knowledge that drives me. I hate not knowing, and it wont spoil any of it for me. I still watch every episode avidly. I'm in UK and have only seen up to season 2 episode 5 ( which royally sucked btw) but I'm already up to speed with what to expect in the finale.

And you know i'll be watching twice every week until it airs here.

Hell I'll probably watch this weeks repeat...

Although I'll be swearing at the TV more than usual during it...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Faith wrote:
    Crucifix wrote:
    Ugh, that pisses me off too. There's a guy in my course who acts like it's some sort of amazing acheivement that he's been downloading the US eps.

Crucifix, that guy sounds like a right eejit. I'm with Faith and yourself on this - nothing more annoying than someone lording future spoiler information as if it was some great feat! Not knowing in advance makes the show much more enjoyable for myself and many others (though I do like to see the promos, related interviews etc. afterwards), but that said, I understand some people get a kick out of knowing tidbits and then seeing them come to pass.

For me, though, it's so strict, it means no episode title, no knowledge of whose flashback it is, and a million other restrictions! I ilke every little development to be a surprise when it happens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement