Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big season two SPOILER with SPOILERS**

Options
  • 19-05-2006 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

some off you still don't get it, so i'll explain (it may annoy some but hey..)

.. hands up who knows what links season two to season one.. (excluding flashbacks of season one occurences

.. that's right, nothing!

.. how many of those BIG questions have been answered?

- what is the security system
    - what pulled the pilot out of the plane
    - why has the island brought them there, and why/how is it influencing them
    - how did the black rock get there
    - where are they
    - the white rabbit
    - the polar bear
    - etc,etc

NONE..

.. and despite the flashbacks and the intervention of the tailies, what has actually happened in season two of lost the television programme?

.. anyone..

.. yep, just people typing six numbers into an old style computer.. its the same every week.. the viewers are just watching people typing numbers into a computer and analysing and in some cases recording what they do and theorising on what they'll do next.. ironically just like the pearl station..

.. now seriously, who would watch this? it would make very poor viewing, but it has captured nations.. or has it?

.. not to forget though.. there are several clever websites/online games that are associated with lost.. thf.org gives great insight into the hanso groups (dharma, minnesota metallurgy, etc) but have very little to do with the tv show themselves..

.. so is it possible that people will type six numbers into a computer just out of blind faith.. and will people watch them do it for 23 weeks?

.. will the season two finale answer all those unanswered season one questions.. or will it just be more s2 flashbacks with more unanswered questions.. guess you'll just have to wait and see.

.. season two is essentially about nothing and has nothing to do with season one (that's what season three is for..)

.. THINK ABOUT IT!..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

so what season 4 will tell us about season 2? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

loon wrote:
    some off you still don't get it, so i'll explain (it may annoy some but hey..)

.. hands up who knows what links season two to season one.. (excluding flashbacks of season one occurences

.. how many of those BIG questions have been answered?

- what is the security system
    - what pulled the pilot out of the plane
    - why has the island brought them there, and why/how is it influencing them
    - how did the black rock get there
    - where are they
    - the white rabbit
    - the polar bear
    - etc,etc

NONE..

.. and despite the flashbacks and the intervention of the tailies, what has actually happened in season two of lost the television programme?

.. anyone..

.. yep, just people typing six numbers into an old style computer.. its the same every week.. the viewers are just watching people typing numbers into a computer and analysing and in some cases recording what they do and theorising on what they'll do next.. ironically just like the pearl station..

.. now seriously, who would watch this? it would make very poor viewing, but it has captured nations.. or has it?

.. not to forget though.. there are several clever websites/online games that are associated with lost.. thf.org gives great insight into the hanso groups (dharma, minnesota metallurgy, etc) but have very little to do with the tv show themselves..

.. so is it possible that people will type six numbers into a computer just out of blind faith.. and will people watch them do it for 23 weeks?

.. will the season two finale answer all those unanswered season one questions.. or will it just be more s2 flashbacks with more unanswered questions.. guess you'll just have to wait and see.

.. season two is essentially about nothing and has nothing to do with season one (that's what season three is for..)

.. THINK ABOUT IT!..

yeah i thought about it and a lot more happened than you are acknowledging, like recently eko and locke finding the pearl station confirming they are part of some huge experiment, the abduction of aaron and his induction to the cult and the selecting of fenry and goodwin of the 'good people' supposedly

jack
    kate
    sawyer?
    hugo
    loon wrote:

too far in the reasoning stakes here altogether

we are getting closer to this mystery albeit very slowly, btw the polar bear thing has kinda of been explained in that latin phrase on the blast door map

accelerated deterritorialization of ursus martimus....

if we get one solid answer on the experiment like 'why were the losties brought to the island?' then it will give away the answers to the other questions quite easily, they (the writers) are perfectly aware that by chosing this format it makes great television if somewhat annoying at times but i doubt theres a single lost fan out there who wont be tuning next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

stevejazzx wrote:
    yeah i thought about it and a lot more happened than you are acknowledging, like recently eko and locke finding the pearl station confirming they are part of some huge experiment, the abduction of aaron and his induction to the cult and the selecting of fenry and goodwin of the 'good people' supposedly

jack
    kate
    sawyer?
    hugo

aarons abduction carries on from claires abduction from s1.. all it backs up is that the ' others' take children.. as if we didn't know that eg alex and 'they took my boy' (i'm gonna try and put this in each post)..

.. finding the pearl station just shows that there are more 'hatches' on the island (damn those drinking games) and at some point there were experiments being carried out on the island and not that they (i take it you mean the losties) are part of said experiments...

.. cannot comment on the 'good' people yet, as i fear more people will put me on their ignore list..

.. as for the polar bear.. do you have a dictionary??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Loads connect the two seasons. In fact you might say season 2 is a continuation of season 1. Don't take my word on that, it's just a theoy I'v been working on. ;)

I loved how important the plane Boone and Locke found has been. It's been the source of Charlie's "test" during season 2, one of the priests on it turn out to be Eko's brother (classic stuff) and later in season 2 we find that it's covering the Pearl station (possibly the reason Locke was drawn there in S1 but he never found the station).
    Claire's episode explained a lot about what happened to her in S1.
    The others (introduced in S1) are a major part of S2.
    That hatch thing Locke spent half of S1 trying to get into, well in S2 he gets in and we see what's inside.
    The monster (the smoke one anyway) that we all wondered WTF it was. We got a glimpse of it in the S1 finale. We see it in full in Eko's episode.
    Rose is finally reunited with Bernard.
    The question of whether or not anyone from the tail section might have survived was answered.
    We see the other half of the radio call Boone made from the plane.

Come on, there's loads of stuff from S1 that has carried into S2. Okay, a lot hasn't been answered but the answers will come and we'll all go "Ahhhhhhhh, that's why such such did that, oh and that's why the smoke took Locke etc :eek: "

Advertisement