Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: Is it just me? *SPOILERS*

Options
  • 19-05-2006 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

Or does anyone else find Jack to be a complete knob this series? Everytime something comes out of his mouth with that stupid face of his I just want someone to tell him to go and sh*te....

Seriously, if that was an aer lingus plane that crashed on the island I think the only person who give a rats arse about what Jack thought about anything would be the fat Hurley-type bloke with no friends.

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Honestly...I really want to punch him in the face. I hate him,he is just such a twat,plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Don't mind Jack to be honest.. he's a nice little contrast to Locke. Their troubled relationship on the island is the only interesting one still in the show.

Dislike characters like Claire ("a dingo stole by bah-beh!"), Michael ("They.. took... my.. SON") and Sun more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Why Sun? :)

Claire's accent also pisses me off but shes hot so it balances out.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

(US ref) when eko came back in 22 and Jack shouts at him in the hatch "i told you to come straight back" it peed me off. He used to be so reasonable and logical in season 1 but his interpersonal skills seem to have disintigrated this season. He used to treat kate a bit badly last season but i thought that was a love thing, but he was always good with people (the friendly doctor thing) but now he's just being controlling and arrogant. It's a real pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭sapper

Actually, I think the writers hate Jack too - this entire series he's been telling people what to do and they have been saying "Well that's too bad Jack, 'cos I'm doing it anyway". And all Jack does is to look away, put his hand on his hips, shake his head and stomp off. All series long. He's useless. He really is.

He seemed to have good reasons back in series 1, but this series it seems to be just an ego trip.

And they pretty much seemed to have forgotten about the "Kate-is-actually-devious-and-backstabbing" plotline this series too. That was pretty good.

I can't say I mind Michael too much - but maybe that's because I liked him (Harold Perrineau?) in Oz on TG4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

Anima wrote:
    Claire's accent also pisses me off but shes hot so it balances out.

yeah...the australian whine does get annoying.."charlie blah blah blah blah blah"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Never was a Jack fan. He always has to be the hero, always crying. Get a life you moron. In the first eppy of s2, I loved it when not only did Locke disobey Jack, but Kate too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

great thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I really don't dislike Jack but I definatly feel that he's alot more annoying than in the first series.I liked him in the first series but now I fell more *meh* like I dont really care any more.

I dont hate him nor do I love him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

im...LOST wrote:
    I really don't dislike Jack but I definatly feel that he's alot more annoying than in the first series.I liked him in the first series but now I fell more *meh* like I dont really care any more.

I dont hate him nor do I love him.
    There's a name for people like you.....splinter-arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I like Jack.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i quite like jack. everyone goes on about "who appointed jack the leader" and "why does jack get to tell everyone what to do", yet they forget that it was locke himself that convinced jack to go back and take charge. granted, this season he hasnt been the most convincing leader, but i certainly don't hate him for it.

his relationship with locke has been good, and the bits between jack and sawyer are always good. and kates around him alot. anytime kate is on screen, i'm happy. so yay for jack!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

I like the situation he is in where he is losing control and he hates that.He was a leader,there is only one thing better than seeing a leader reign, and that is to see a leader fall.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I despise him. He's arrogant and is convinced he's the leader. He's constantly telling people what to do despite little evidence he's got any qualities worthy of leadership - being an uncommunicative doctor isn't exactly worthy of the role.

What's worse is his tendancy to blame people - "that's on you.." - pause "and me." It's the fact he always, when appearing to take blame, puts the first and greatesty emphasis on someone else but, because he's so full of himself, wants to appear magnamonious and take a bit too (but not really).

He doesn't let anyone have any opinion differing from his own without making him sound contemptuous of it and he doesn't really appear to even like anyone. Gah - are the writers aware of people's dislike for the guy or are as oblivious as the writers of Lana on "Smallville"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

Lana is fit though..

jack never appointed himself leader.. the group kinda did that.. coz he's spent all his time in the hatch with locke, he's had no-one to lead and gets to do his own thing.. he still does the doctor bit, but that's coz he's the doctor.. he's kept people out of the loop as it were, including those that were his 'friends'....

.. but at the end of the day, he is boring... and wet.. and to be honest a bit crap really..

Advertisement