Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heaven and hell

Options
  • 19-05-2006 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

i just wonderin what the general consensus is on this topic. i myself believe science is right and that if there is a supreme being, i do not know of it.

a great quote keeps in mind though:

"every exit is an entrance to somewhere else"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

If heaven does exist if heaven some kind of metaphor for what is unknown. It's quite possible there is a heaven, just as it is that there isn't. There's no way of knowing so why bother even trying to speculate? That's just my two cents.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I believe Heaven is the pleasure planet Riza in Delta Quadrant,
    sometimes it's also here on Earth if you look right.
    Anything else is just a fairytale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Beruthiel wrote:
    I believe Heaven is the pleasure planet Riza in Delta Quadrant,
    sometimes it's also here on Earth if you look right.
    Anything else is just a fairytale.

yeah, except when worf goes fu.ckin with the climate because the federation are too soft sitting around sun bathing and ordering prostitutes all day when there’s a war with the dominion to be fought. Also their are no ferengi in heaven, they buy their way into privatised heaven and not public heaven which rules Riza out. Is Riza really in the delta quadrant and if so whats taking janeway so long to get home. damn women drivers taking detours into coffee nebulas :p Picard didn't take that long to get home from Riza.

Heaven is a holodeck with T'pol and seven of nine naked mud wrestling to win my affection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Binomate wrote:
    If heaven does exist if heaven some kind of metaphor for what is unknown.

I would say that, that would be on the right track. But then again as Beruthiel said, about heaven being here on earth, if you look right. That too is what I think. Whereas it may also just be some kind of spoof that the 'so-called god' named so that his followers would have something to aspire to. And also that they would be afraid to break the 'commandments' because they would fear going to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭scrattletrap

clown bag wrote:
    yeah, except when worf goes fu.ckin with the climate because the federation are too soft sitting around sun bathing and ordering prostitutes all day when there’s a war with the dominion to be fought. Also their are no ferengi in heaven, they buy their way into privatised heaven and not public heaven which rules Riza out. Is Riza really in the delta quadrant and if so whats taking janeway so long to get home. damn women drivers taking detours into coffee nebulas :p Picard didn't take that long to get home from Riza.

Heaven is a holodeck with T'pol and seven of nine naked mud wrestling to win my affection.

:D split my sides at this :D

Heaven is just a thing to keep children happy and hell is just a thing to keep them in line.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Heaven is me and wesley crusher doing The Tango, rawr.

As I read that I was shaking my head in shame

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You are ashamed for me? Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the masochism tango?

Stop it!! You're encouraging him:eek:

and of course I am tar;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Hell was invented to put the ****s up ya, if you didnt do want religion told you to, Heaven is a totally different kettle of fish, I thinks it was too manufactured as a reasurance to make us feel like we'll never die.

Death imo will be like a eternal dreamless sleep, nothing to worry about.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

IMO

Heaven is the ultimate carrot, and Hell the stick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

let the rabbits wear glasses!

Don't you mean donkeys? Or that is an inefficient cart you got going on.

*ahem* aren't we getting a little

off-subject??

no?..........alrighty then:D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MrB

Heaven and Hell exist in the mind of every believer, and nowhere else.
    IMHO and I have been wrong before.

Advertisement