Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would like a blokes opinion on this one!

Options
  • 18-05-2006 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I work in a large company and have a crush on a guy that works in a different department in the same company.I have always fancied him from afar and never got the opportunity to talk to him.
    I was out a couple of weeks ago and bumped into him. We spoke for hours and got on really well - but I unintentionally ditched him at the end of the night :(
    Basically - I went to the bar and while I was there I met some people that I knew from a year ago. I chatted with them for a while. Just when I was getting away from them, I bumped into an old colleague who was about to emigrate. I know some of his friends and there was no getting away from them.. Before I knew it - it was about 50 mins later, and the guy I had been chatting to all night tapped me on the shoulder, said goodbye and promptly left!
    Is there any hope for me with this guy? How do I go about redeeming myself - or have I just left it too late???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Just ask him out for a drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try the Personal Issues board, doesnt really belong here.

Ring him up and tell him you are sorry, very selfish of you for just ditching him like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

ya if that happened to me i'd definatly think you'd lost interest in me and tried to ditch me.. i wouldn't be happy AT ALL..

you can be fairly certain he wont ask you out so thats why you need to apologise for the misunderstanding ASAP and ask him out for a drink afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If he chatted to you all night he must have some interest be it friendship or more. If a girl did that to me I would definitely think she had ditched me..ask him out for a drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Just ask him out for a drink.

What this guy said!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

i would have felt pretty bailed on too, but if you bump into him in work hust say "sorry i met an old friend who is emigrating, let me make it up to you by buying you a pint".

putty in your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

offer him a shag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭AngryAnderson

You're in there love. Look on the bright side - you didn't get drunk and spill your guts. Or even worse, take him home and do something you regretted. Plus you were speaking to him for ages which means he probably fancies you too. Meet him again 'by sheer coincidence' and see if he fancies a drink some time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I wouldnt be happy with you at all and would definitely have though you ditched me. You would want to explain it to him ASAP or you have no chance

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

mawk wrote:
    i would have felt pretty bailed on too, but if you bump into him in work hust say "sorry i met an old friend who is emigrating, let me make it up to you by buying you a pint".

putty in your hands.
    Do this and you'll be sharing spit by the end of the night. Guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

The ball is definately in your court. Look at it this way...he hung around for 50 mins probably heartbroken that you "seemed" to be ditching him. He is probably hoping for the miraculous turn around that you are about to bring forth...so, DO IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Kingp35 wrote:
    I wouldnt be happy with you at all and would definitely have though you ditched me. You would want to explain it to him ASAP or you have no chance

I disagree with this. Its not like they are bf/gf...it's not necessary at all to explain stuff to that extent at this stage. If he gets the message that you are still interested, that will be enough. If you start granting extensive explanations on your every action then it will start the relationship off on a bad tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

leave him be you cold hearted bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

He will only be worried about you talking to the other guy in so far as it might suggest your not interested. Girls do stuff like this to make guys jealous all the time as far as I see. If he sees you're interested, he won't care. If he liked you before, he will still like you now. Just ask him out again or something.

If you want you could say something like "I bumped into this guy I haven't seen in years he was about to emigrate....bla bla bla" as if its not big deal, but you don't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,050 ✭✭✭✭Esel

"I'm just going to the bar - back in a minute". (Get lost, loser)

(Jeez, He's still there. Oh great, there's someone I know! I'll talk to them for ages).

(Ages later: Fcuk, he's still there! Oh brill, there's that guy I barely know who's about to emigrate to wherever. I can easily lose 30 min here)

"Oh OK, see ya!"

How could he misunderstand this scenario? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

"tapped me on the shoulder, said goodbye and promptly left!"

I think he likes you. Ask him out for a few drinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Wing Walker

weemcd wrote:
    leave him be you cold hearted bitch!

Ha, I love this one.

Seriously though, just ask him out for a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

just ask him out, plain and simple. at worse you'll just flatter him and make feel good about himself, and unless he's an arsehole he won't make you feel embarassed for it.

and so what, life's dreadfully short. do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

weemcd, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Well he certainly thinks you ditched him but if you talk to him again, act nice, explain that you couldn't get back to him and ask him out for a drink or whatever then there shouldn't be any problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement