Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need recommendation please!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 steffkelly

Hi shamrock2004,

In regards to the prestigio, it has a slightly faster processor then the dell, it has decent enough RAM(512Mb), a bigger harddrive then the other 2(60GB comopared to 40 on the others). One set back is that it has shared video memory, it doesnt say how much but its usually 64MB. This essentially means that the 64MB used for graphics is taken out of your RAM leaving you with 448MB (i think!). That fine if you're just using it for spreasheets etc. Another thing is the screen size is only 12.1" which is quite small when compared to the 15.4" on the Dell.

The Dell has the more RAM(768MB), a slightly smaller HD (40GB) but this can be upgraded for €80 and also the battery can be upgraded for €10 and you would still be within budget. It doesnt mention graphics however.

I wouldnt go for anything out of Pc World myself, i also wouldnt buy a celeron because ive heard a lot of bad things. Anyway ill get to the point, if it was my money it would be on the Dell, but saying that, theres no price on the prestigio. Let me know if you've any other questions. Sorry i tend to go on a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

No that will do fine. The dell laptop it is so!
    Many thanks for the help!
    Best Wishes,
    Shamrock

Advertisement