Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Do You Prefer

Options
  • 18-05-2006 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭

Saw a thread along this lines on another forum and thought it might be good to spark some "friendly" debate.

Basically i start the thread by offering a choie between two/three whatever number of things. The next poster then gives their answer and reason for their choice. after that they then offer up a new choice for the next poster and the thread carries on like so.

So for example i might say "Who's the better MC, 50 cent or Nas?", to which Oriz would obviously reply :D;) "50 cent because candy shop affected me so deeply that i went out and got GGGGG-Unit tattoed across my forehead" He would then offer up the next choice and so on and so forth.

Right so thats the explaining done, so i'll start this bad boy with:

Who is the better MC, Nas or Rakim?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

I think Nas is the Better MC. Not a Big fan but have one album and his lyrics and flow are quite superb.

Something like that Spacecoyote?

So who is/was whatever the better hip hop group NWA or Public Enemy...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Woah wait a second you have one Nas album,you think its superb but your not a big fan? :confused:

PE are better,although both are over rated,just because you know they didn't blabber on about shooting people and selling drugs like a pack of mindless chimpanzes.

Who's better-Jeru The Damaga or the Guru?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Yeah thats the kinda thing i meant alright.

Tough choice...Not to take away from Jeru but I'll have to go with Guru on this one. Think they are both class, and maybe its havin primo do all your beats too, but i just think that Guru's voice and flow can be turned to any style of hip-hop, gangster "The Militia", conscious "Jazz Thing", R'n'b crossover "Discipline"/"Royalty", etc... thats without going into Dwyck or Full Clip. I really like the drawl of his voice.

How about : East Coast, West Coast, or Down South???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

East Coast, contributed more than both West/South combined.

Def Jux or Rhymesayers?

Gotta go with Def Jux on this one. Rhymesayers have some strong players in their lineup (Doom of course), but i think Jux overall has a much stronger list (Aesop, Cannibal Ox, perceptionists, rjd2, lif,, etc...the list goes on). haven't heard as much of rhymesavers, so can only go on what i've heard so far.

De La Soul or Tribe Called Quest???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

De la for me. Went and did their own thing and were still really popular and relevent when gangsta rap was coming to the fore. Still are relevent!!!

Scratch or Rahzel??

Rahzel, he's been more successful and definitely more recognised. Also personal preference. I can't really think of any more beatboxers besides those two tbh...

Brooklyn or Queens?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

Orizio wrote:
    Woah wait a second you have one Nas album,you think its superb but your not a big fan? :confused:

Just gotta this this straight never listen to any of Nas' albums until about two months when I got Stillmatic, he a very good rapper and lyricisist. Maybe I used the word Superb wrongly. I like him but wouldn't be a big fan. got it, make sense now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Brooklyn or Queens?

Queens. Mostly because I stayed there for a while.

Gza or Rza?

Queens,for Nas,Tragedy and Mega.

It just doesn't make much sense to say he is a good lyricist and rapper and then say your not much of a fan.

Reasonable Doubt or Blueprint.

• Advertisement

Rizah fr his brilliant production during the mid 90's.

i was kinda into jigga but when blueprint came out that got me into his music big time. so blueprint gets my vote

the roots or outkast?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The Roots.
    Prefer the sound, the songs and in general I think their releases have been better than those of Outkast.

Daddy or chips?

Wait, no, The Pharcyde or Souls of Mischief?

93 Til Infinity is better then either of the first two Pharcyde albums imo,plus many of the members of Souls Of Mischief are still going strong today.

DJ Premier Beat=Nas Is Like or Mass Appeal.Now thats a tough one.;)

Mass Appeal has the stronger opening imo, but when it gets into Nas Is Like is the better beat. Less repetitive. I do like the little kick in Mass Appeal, but no Nas Is Like.

Lyricist - Ghostface or GZA?

Makaveli wrote:
    Mass Appeal has the stronger opening imo, but when it gets into Nas Is Like is the better beat. Less repetitive. I do like the little kick in Mass Appeal, but no Nas Is Like.

Lyricist - Ghostface or GZA?

Man personally its Ghostface... That's tough though GZA is a beast on the mic. Meh just a personal choice its Ghostface. His nonsensical rhymes just really entertain me. Besides that I think he has everything else.

Big Daddy Kane or Kool G. Rap?

Kool G Rap for me by a mile.I like Kane,but he fell of hard and never put in the same amount of incredible verses that G Rap did.Kool G Rap is simply one of the most underrated MC's in Hip-Hop history,and mad consistent.

Andre 3000 or Scarface.

Andre 3000 for me, scarface is great at what he does, but a little one dimensional in my opinion, andre's got much more variety to his style, there's no-one out there that has a similar sound.

I'll go with the old classic:

Tupac or Biggie

B.I.G. had a way with words that Tupac never matched.

Aquamini or Atliens?

Aqemini. Rosa Parks all the way.

More annoying Kayslay or DJ Clue?

• Advertisement

Oh god, thats evil, going with clue. yeah we get it, you produced the track, theres no need to tell us 8 billion times!!!

Krs-One or Chuck D

Chuck D.KRS was monotonus and lyrically simple to me on the mic.

Playin' Yaself or Da Bichez?

i know bichez is a quality tune, you gotta love it for its notoriety.

playin yaself is hard hitting lyrically, great beats from primo, super track, so i'll go for playin yaself by a nose

(going through a bit of a jeru phase oriz??)

Worse thing to happen to hip-hop: 50 cent & G-Unit or the South (with the obvious notable exceptions, Outkast, Cunninlinguists, etc...)

Although I can think of a fair few things worse then both G-Unit and the crunk movement in the south,I would say the likes of D4L and Dem Franchise Boys are worse then fiddy.

Ether or Takeover.

Takeover. It's always this versus ether, but not only did Jay diss the fcuk outta NaS, he also pretty much buried Mobb Deep, who have not recovered from that song.

Hyphy or Crunk

Dead right on Takeover.It was the better diss and the better produced track.

I would rather commit sucide then choose between hyphy or crunk.Lets just say they are both intolerable piles of turds and leave it at that. ;)

I Used To Love H.E.R.(Common) or American Beauty(Cormega).

I prefer crunk cos it gets me hyped up for workin out. Hyphy makes no sense whatsoever. And as for snap....... :mad: :mad: :mad:

I used to love H.E.R. No ID's production is tight. The story that Common weaves is so good that you would actually believe its about a female and not hip hop. then when you find out it is about hip hop its the story of the growth and all the forms and different genres that it took on. Truely a classic.

Ghostface - the forest VS ice cube -gangsta's Fairytale

Advertisement