Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop/house insurance claim

Options
  • 18-05-2006 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Has anyone claimed for a laptop on their house insurance?

our little lad spilt juice on it the other day, frying it. tried drying it out etc but to no avail. Just wondering what the procedure is for claiming back. i have it as a specified item on my house insurance for 2100 euro
    is it just a case of filling in a claim form and they send out a cheque for the amount i have it insured for or what is the procedure?
    when i lost my fone before they sent a replacement. obviously this cant be done as dell no longer make the laptop in question.
    also should i say it was water damaged or let on i dont know what happened as i know with some things water damage can be a dodgy area when it comes to claims.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Sorry for resurecting such an old thread but just wanted to ask a couple of questions about this subject.
    Laptop is now dead and I have asked my Da about claiming on the house insurance. He ll be calling them tomorrow but just wondering how much I might get?

It was bought in August 2007 so its a year and a half old. Orginal price was €1174.

I see it advertised here for €808

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What the hell? This thread is almost 3 years old. Your insurance company will answer all your questions tomorrow, we can't possibly give you figures.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement