Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Untitled, opinions welcome

Options
  • 17-05-2006 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

I wrote this a few weeks ago, I can never really judge my own work so C&C welcome.
    Thanks

"And the grass was never greener than it was that Friday afternoon
    Luminous in its sun soaked vibrancy
    Against it our blouses were a brilliant white, ties slung loosely about our necks
    Soft cushions under our heavy heads, the jumpers were far too warm for summer.
    I felt that grass bristling softly against my face
    As we lay strewn on the ground
    Our bodies forming an abstract circle
    The breeze casting tendrils of hair across our faces.
    It was the present, so tangible in the warm air
    Our words and laughter and the barely tenable quavers in our voices
    As we replayed old acts, looked back at years
    Tried to peek behind the curtain at new scenes and characters still awaiting their cues.
    It was the end
    A finish line stretched to eternity
    And the wispy images of time gone by could not finish the race
    It was the beginning
    An entire cast stood in the wings
    Warming up, ready to step out under the lights
    We had to squint to see them
    For the past was hazy, rose tinted
    And we were blinding by the bright lights of the future
    So with wide eyes we looked at the moment surrounding us, flawless and clear
    Picture perfect life in a bubble.
    Time didn’t stop
    It lazed along, a smooth brown river at middle tide
    Unnoticed our watches ticked away the minutes
    Yet the moment was different, time had changed
    As though, in the midst of all its strands, grays, blacks, whites and navies
    There was a dash of green, of the greenest grass."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

is this something got to do with leaving school??? (i hope it is or else it doesnt do what it says it does or am i just dense??!..) anyways if so its good it really makes the reader see what you see and sets the scene(wow i sound good!!)
    now leave a comment on mine be critical yea! k bye....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Very well written, wonderful imagery. Please do share more of your work...
    Do you plan on doing anything more with this piece?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

Thanks. I'm not sure if I'll do more. I have a feeling that I could but I can't really see what it needs. Do you have any suggestions?

I'll read the poem soon, but i just wanted to say that aliqueenb should really stop asking for comments on their own work on other peoples threads. Anyways, I'll edit this when I read it

Yeah, I liked it. Its a very good and well written poem :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Outcast wrote:
    Thanks. I'm not sure if I'll do more. I have a feeling that I could but I can't really see what it needs. Do you have any suggestions?

no I meant as far as publishing goes. It is good as it is imo. Are you working on a book or was this purely for self fullfillment?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

Oh, sorrry. To be honest I started it when I was bored in detention:rolleyes: I don't think it's really good enough to go any further...

Advertisement