Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skin Rash

Options
  • 17-05-2006 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I know this isnt a medical board, but im hoping this will be allowed because its a different sort of advice im looking for and I dont know who to ask.

Basically I have this rash under my armpits and in another area, its like itchy ... and I want to know who I should go to get it fixed

I went to a doctor already and she basically said its nothing and it will go away in a week or two ... that was 3 months ago. Now the thing that bit of advice cost me €120 or so (I got my blood checked too, that was my excuse to see the doc) so I dont / cant waste that kind of money again, without getting a result.

This is really bothering me now. Does anyone a doctor I could go a see?
    Also Should I be looking for a "Dermatologist" Im not sure really, maybe the Beacon Clinic or something.

Any advice welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Spliffany692000

Hey

If you have a rash that wasn there before then you were right to go see a doctor. But if the doctor said it was nothing then they should go back to medical school!! I think you should see a dermatologist asap....

Best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Had you started using a new type of roll on deoderant before you got the rash ?

Maybe speak to your pharmacist and they might recommend some over the counter treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,039 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hello, Doctor Nemo.

There are no doctors here apart from yourself. You itch 'in another area', and have to use the excuse of wanting blood tests to go to a doctor, then as an aside mention your rash, and the doctor has a quick look (presumably at your armpits, not 'the other area') then tells you not to worry (maybe she did say it was nothing, and that it would go away in a week or two). Presumably that was her professional opinion.

You paid €120 or so for a consultation, which included the taking of blood samples, probably lab fees etc. just to secretly have a rash checked. I can see how you can not afford to keep making these kind of medical visits. Just imagine it: you have a pain 'down there' (your stomach), but go to the doctor to have a completely separate, more expensive consultation, at the end of which you mention your pain.

Is the doctor a mind reader? Is she supposed to think: "Hmnn, this person came to request blood tests, and now, just as they are leaving, they mention a rash. Maybe that is what is really worrying them, and the blood tests were just a cover".

Look, if the doctor said the rash should clear up in a couple of weeks, and it hasn't done so after three months - go back to the doctor! She has seen your condition before, and is therefore in the best position to review it.

If you present with the actual condition you are concerned about, you should not have to pay more than the average GP fee - what is that these days, about €40-€50? You will even get the results of your blood tests as a bonus.

Also, as Santa Claus said, you may be using products to which you are allergic.

Or, is it possible that you may be damaging your skin in your armpits and the 'other area' by over-zealous washing?

In conclusion, I am not a doctor. I think you should go back to see your doctor. And be frank. That means honest and up front.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement