Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I buy a Linksys Phone adaptor which is tied to a US service provider will it work?

Options
  • 17-05-2006 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭

Looking on ebay for phone adaptor to plug into my current router and I wanted to get a Linksys product, well having a look on Ebay I've come across a Linksys PAP2-BP Model which is advertised as for Vonage service, just wondering if I bought it and signed up to say Blueface will it work or are these units locked into the Vonage Service provider?

Thanks

Snake ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Hi

They are locked to vonage or other providers, so you couldn't use it with any other, some versions of the Firmware can be unlocked, but even if you get it unlocked if you do a factory reset the unit will get locked again and probably you will ne unabled to unlock again.

There's lots about how to unlock it on the internet.

Why don't you get it directly with Blueface or any other provider?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well I am looking to upgrade my Wireless router to a Linksys WRT55AG which has 802.11a,b & G, and there are not a lot of Routers that support 802.11a (getting this for xbox360), so only need a phone adaptor and I wanted to get a linksys to match.

Thanks for the info

Snake ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Hi

Get all in 1

have a look at WRT54GP2 or WRTP54G not sure if compatible with 802.11a.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hi Nava,

I would but neither support 802.11g :(

Advertisement