Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marshall Bravestar cartoon

Options
  • 17-05-2006 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

This relates to a previous poll I generated here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51283474#post51283474

Remember Marshall Bravestar? Eyes of the rhino, ears of the slow-worm*, legs of the sloth???

On that poll, so far no-one has voted for this cartoon so now I'm wondering did anyone like it? I seem to recall liking the show, not as my favourite but definitely up there with them.

Any comments or opinions?

*I'm aware that slow-worms can "hear" by sensing vibrations in the ground so no need to post comments about that :D:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭MW

I loved this cartoon, it was class. Strength of a bear, Ears of a Wolf wasn't it. It was cool, they don't make them like that anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Abdiel

Strength of the bear, speed of the puma (or pooma as they pronounced it :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I loved it,i've just voted for it in the poll before i came into this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yep, I remember really liking it and looking back on it it was a good idea to feature a Native American type character as the hero, albeit on Planet Texas and not actually planet Earth ;) . I wonder was the Chakote character from Voyager inspired by Marshall Bravestarr? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭MW

I actually watched an episode of Bravestar this morning. It's on an Irish station called RTE and it was on at about quarter past 8 this morning. I was so excited when I saw it. His horse also kicks ass. I had to watch it with the sound turned off as I was in work though so I missed the mega theme tune. Then He-man was on and Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, I was in my element.

• Advertisement

Hee hee, I know RTE quite well as I only moved to Cambridge from home two years ago :D Got me a good job, one I couldn't pass up but really do miss being at home! Believe it or not I miss RTE, no matter how much people give out about it!

Yeah, I have RealPlayer on my laptop at home and usually watch some RTE shows every now and again on BroadBand but obviously they only show their own home-produced shows, not the cartoons :)

I think Bravestarrs horse was 30/30? Not sure. Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles was great, I still like to watch the old cartoons every now and again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭solskjaer20

It's on an Irish station called RTE and it was on at about quarter past 8 this morning. I was so excited when I saw it. His horse also kicks ass.

Oh really?? tell us more of this RTE channel you speak off ;)

Anyway yeah I watched it this morning as well.,.... as good as ever.

Oh really?? tell us more of this RTE channel you speak off ;)

Unfair, I think MW saw my location as Cambridge and assumed I was British. :D If so then she was correct to let me know what RTE was because anytime I mention RTE to people over here they heven't a clue what I'm talking about. :rolleyes: We are lucky that at home (I still call Ireland home and always will!) we receive BBC etc. They don't receive RTE. :( Don't knock it, I'd love to and will be making enquiries off Sky digital soon! :hopeful:

But, yep Bravestarr was pretty cool alright :D I remember the guy next door had all the Bravestarr toys. He also had all the Transformers, MASK, A-team action figures etc. Spoiled rotten :rolleyes: but at least he shared them with his friends :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Quality show alright, that horse was savage alright :)

brave4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Bravestar. Eyes of a hawk, ears of a dog.
    Bravestar. Strength of a bear, speed of a puma!

That show rocked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement