Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] The Islands healing ability...

Options
  • 17-05-2006 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question not sure if its answered anywhere.

-Spoilers Ahead for Irish viewers-

If the Island has aparently healed Lockes legs, cured Roses disease and possibly cured Jins infertility then why hasn't it cured Sawyers eyesight?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Sawyer's eyesight problems came on *after* they landed on the island. The other 3 had their ailments before. Thats about about best I can guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

I was thinking along those lines too but if this is true and only things that happened before the crash are healed then will Locke be cripple for weeks?

Was the reason for Sawyers eyesight failing ever explained? It's not a majot issue but this has been bugging me all day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

The Gnome wrote:
    Was the reason for Sawyers eyesight failing ever explained? It's not a majot issue but this has been bugging me all day!

They said it was probably caused by the fact he is reading so much. He has a new book in almost every episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

I think eye sight problems are from wear and tear (eyes not as good as they used to be) or genetic reasons, whereas things like cancer or illnesses are quite a different thing altogether! So I would not expect his eyesight to be healed. They'd have to heal everything else if that was the case (scars, bad backs etc.)

Also, we don't know if Rose is actually healed. She could just be mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

I think it was due to the strain of reading and he is actually shortsighted. Jack made him reading glasses remember? It's a common problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

you should really read previous season one threads, as i covered this way back when.. i wont go into detail, but read up on polar energetics...

.. but, in certain points in the world, there a specific points of energy, which have the ability to heal, etc.. as in episode 19, there is one at uluru (ayers rock), but the healer was unable to fix rose, as this was not her spot... but the island is, same's true for locke and jin... that was the whole point of the episode

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

The bit that kills me is all the sercets that they keep from eachother! Like Hurley told afew about the fact he's a millionaire but has he told anyone how he used the "magic numbers" in the Lotto and won!

he told rousseau.. tried to tell charlie, but he didn't believe him... but if you were in a mental institution, go the numbers for a nutjob and then believed that they were responsible for bringing the plane to the island... would you tell anyone?

Yeah I suppose, but if he actually got someone to listen to him, then they'ld recongise that there's something fishy going on!

then there's the tense between between Jack and Locke, kate with the fake beards - took her long enough to reveal that to jack! Rose and Locke about the islands healing ability! Anymore!!
    Sorry about going off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

DOLEMAN wrote:
    Also, we don't know if Rose is actually healed. She could just be mad.

True, that fact that she knows Locke is healed might lead to believe she must be healed too.
    loon wrote:
    you should really read previous season one threads, as i covered this way back when.. i wont go into detail, but read up on polar energetics...

Not sure if I believe this 100% yet I guess I'm hoping for some more devious to come along.
    The bit that kills me is all the sercets that they keep from eachother!

Don't even get me started on this! Especially at this point in the show. They've been on the Island long enough to be sure something weird is going on. Several people have seen these weird things together so HAVE A SIT DOWN AND A CHAT FOR FUP SAKE! I'm also disappointed the haven't tried to explore more, Sayid had the right idea.

• Advertisement

Thought of this when I was drifting asleep last night, Locke's legs got healed when he landed on the island, but then due to the lockdown, his legs get injured but they're healed again! Sawyer's lack of eyesight is caused by reading books on the island and he hasn't been healed! So therefore is it because it happened in the hatch that Locke's legs are recovering or because Locke's is "one of the good guys", and Sawyer isn't!

Just a thought!

Or because being slightly shortsighted isn't a serious problem?

Locke was crippled afterall.
    And by all accounts, Rose's illness was terminal (assuming it has infact been cured!)

Thought of this when I was drifting asleep last night, Locke's legs got healed when he landed on the island, but then due to the lockdown, his legs get injured but they're healed again! Sawyer's lack of eyesight is caused by reading books on the island and he hasn't been healed! So therefore is it because it happened in the hatch that Locke's legs are recovering or because Locke's is "one of the good guys", and Sawyer isn't!

Just a thought!

did you not watch episode 19?

it was explained there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Or because being slightly shortsighted isn't a serious problem?

Locke was crippled afterall.
    And by all accounts, Rose's illness was terminal (assuming it has infact been cured!)
    Not to get all pedantic but it's longsighted... shortsighted is when you can't see things far away but can see them up close, longsighted is when things upclose are hard to see but far away is grand...

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

Think writters just forgot about that... not everything means something like.

steveland? wrote:
    Not to get all pedantic but it's longsighted... shortsighted is when you can't see things far away but can see them up close, longsighted is when things upclose are hard to see but far away is grand...
    My apologies! :rolleyes: :) Either way, headaches from straining to read blurred text isn't that serious, especially as Jack already "cured" this with glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Louisiana

hi,
    I watched last nights episode on RTE 2 and i saw that the baby got sick, (i know babies are suseptible, blah blah) but is there any importance in this?

also i was thinking - was the guy that was in the hatch injecting himself with the same stuff as they gave clare? :confused:

Advertisement