Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Blueface problems - phones won't ring

Options
  • 16-05-2006 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I have three Snom SIP phones and a Dect phone connected to Blueface. The Dect is via a Linksys WRT54GP2 wireless router. The Snoms are on a bog-standard 10/100 wired home network.

All were working fine until about a week ago. I began to have intermittent ringing problems, where only some of the phones would ring. Then all the Snoms stopped ringing and only the Dect rang. Now the Dect only rings occasionally, and can usually be restarted for a few calls after a Linksys hard reset. All the phones dial out okay, and checking System Information on the Snom browser interface shows them to be connected OK to all providers.

I don't think I made any significant changes to my network recently and I've tried repeated reboots of routers and phones without success.

But this is only happening with Blueface!

Freespeech.ie, Smart076, and FWD all ring the phones fine. Unfortunately my geographic number is transferred to Blueface, so that's the one everyone calls. I've tried Blueface support without success - and was recommended to go to a Dect only system!!! (so much for the brave new world of VOIP), and to try going back to one Snom phone!!!! (tried it anyway and it made no difference). I've been trying to talk to Aaron at Blueface, who originally helped me set up the system properly, without success and despite pleading emails.

Does anyone here have any suggestions for troubleshooting the problem? I've had reasons to praise Blueface support in this forum, but I'm afraid my experience with this most serious issue has not been encouraging. I'm tearing the last of my hair out and beginning to lose contact with the world outside.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Let's focus on one device at a time, the DECT phone that's connected to the Linksys router directly. That's the simplest setup obviously. If you reset the Linksys, does the phone accept incoming calls for a period of time and then stops accepting incoming calls and the calls go to voicemail? If so, it sounds like the Linksys is closing the outbound UDP port that it registered on. Blueface/Asterisk does a heartbeat to make sure the phone is available on this UDP port, and if it's not then the call will go to voice mail. This should be pretty easy to verify at Blueface's end. If this is the correct symptom, see if you can change the registration interval to something shorter to be within the time that calls received, maybe five minutes? This will keep the port open, if that's the problem.

That said, I would be surprised if a router of this calibre would close ports and I would be particularly surprised if it happened to SIP connections that the router itself has setup. But you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

I have a kind of similar problem.

I have the WRTGP2 also and last night for some reason the Phone ports would not register with Blueface. On the phone to support and after some time they came back all by themselves !

The support guy configued his WRTGP2 to be same as myself and worked ok for him.

I am on NTL and to be honest the speeds have been erratic to say the least for the last week of so - I come home in the evening at 6pm and get full 3meg on speedtest and then bang from about 7pm everything is gone below 1/2 meg ..

I did ask the guy to check my 076 number was working and my handset connected to the router rang ok.

I then tested from Eircom landline - got voicemail - tested from o2 mobile - got voicemail - it was late in the evening so I didn't bother ringing support back.

So I am not sure calls to 076 in the evenings especially on NTL are not working ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

The words "Linksys", "bugs", and "firmware" tend to go together. I presume you guys have the latest firmware revision?

I think you can get registration failure if the pings are too high. I've seen that happen with Blueface.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

I have a kind of similar problem.

I have the WRTGP2 also and last night for some reason the Phone ports would not register with Blueface. On the phone to support and after some time they came back all by themselves !

The support guy configued his WRTGP2 to be same as myself and worked ok for him.

I am on NTL and to be honest the speeds have been erratic to say the least for the last week of so - I come home in the evening at 6pm and get full 3meg on speedtest and then bang from about 7pm everything is gone below 1/2 meg ..

I did ask the guy to check my 076 number was working and my handset connected to the router rang ok.

I then tested from Eircom landline - got voicemail - tested from o2 mobile - got voicemail - it was late in the evening so I didn't bother ringing support back.

So I am not sure calls to 076 in the evenings especially on NTL are not working ????

Problem now resolved - 2 ports on router were setup with same sip login causing conflicts. Blueface Support set up a new sip login for me - works fine now ...

Also 2 of the settings on the Voice page http://192.168.15.1/Voice_adminPage.htm were set up incorrectly

Advertisement