Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSI: Ireland

Options
  • 16-05-2006 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Which City :)

CSI: Dublin
    Theme: Boomtown Rat's Rat Trap.
    Male Lead: Charlo from the family (whats his name?)
    Female Lead: The girl that play's the cop on every RTE Drama. She was in fair city married to leo.

CSI: Belfast
    Theme: Teenage Kicks
    Male Lead: That northern Irish guy from the phone book add he is in Cold Feet
    Female Lead: Amanda from Slient Witness

CSI: Cork
    Theme: Where's Me Jumper
    Male Lead: Emmet Bergin
    Female Lead: Mary McEvoy

CSI: Galway
    Theme: Dearg Doom
    Male Lead: Teigh from Ros Na Run
    Female Lead: Aoife Ni Thurighig (sp) Passion Fashion Host.

If you can get the names of the actors I will edit this post :)

CSI: Ireland 26 votes

Dublin
    0% 0 votes
    Belfast
    73% 19 votes
    Cork
    7% 2 votes
    Galway
    19% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

CSI: Dublin. They could do it as a spin off from Fair City, keep the two lads and their one room in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

I already have the first ep written. It is about the brutal murder of a net geek who posted one too many crap polls to a popular messageboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

CSI: Dublin. They could do it as a spin off from Fair City, keep the two lads and their one room in it.
    CSI Cork!!!!Why does every irish show have to be in dublin. Miami and cork could have crossover and Horatio would come to cork (i would probably faint if i saw him)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

CSI Cork!!!!Why does every irish show have to be in dublin. Miami and cork could have crossover and Horatio would come to cork (i would probably faint if i saw him)
    Well, we already have established television cops in Dublin. It would confuse the poor Irish television audience to see 4 Irish actors playing cops at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

So true! Cork deserves a TV show!

Although, I've never heard of the Cork leads suggested by the OP. I'd go for Eddir Hobbes and Mary Kingston. o_O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

oh no not mary kingston, jaysus the voice,
    and ppor old eddie
    "we'll get it down to dna now boss"
    "Well for god sake will the two of you car pool, this departments not made of money you know, and all this murderin it's not on, it costs the state a fortune in policing and coroners bills, it has to stop."

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Making the Cut and its follow up DDU:District Dective Unit, where both based in Waterford City.
    I already have the first ep written. It is about the brutal murder of a net geek who posted one too many crap polls to a popular messageboard.

That sound's like a good pilot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,451 ✭✭✭Blisterman

The theme tune would have to be a Who song. Baba O Riley, sounds pretty Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Blisterman wrote:
    The theme tune would have to be a Who song. Baba O Riley, sounds pretty Irish.

They use that on CSI New York.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

with the way irish crime is spiraling out of control i think the who song would have to be " I Can't Explain"

• Advertisement

Although, I've never heard of the Cork leads suggested by the OP. I'd go for Eddir Hobbes and Mary Kingston. o_O

Emmet Bergin (Bro of Patrick) Dick in Gleroe
    Mary McEvoy Biddy in Gleroe. :)

Dublin Main Character's

Sean McGinley(Charlo from The Family)
    Charlotte Bradley (Sandie from Fair City, Married to Leo)

Galway Main Male Lead
    Macdara Ó Fatharta (Tadhg Ó Direáin, Ros Na Run)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

lmao...sounds great.,.Dublin all the way

Elmo wrote:
    Emmet Bergin (Bro of Patrick) Dick in Gleroe
    Mary McEvoy Biddy in Gleroe. :)

Oh, ok. But they're not from Cork! CSI: Wickla perhaps?
    elmo wrote:
    CSI: Galway
    Theme: Dearg Doom
    Male Lead: Teigh from Ros Na Run
    Female Lead: Aoife Ni Thurighig (sp) Passion Fashion Host.

^^^
    I love that one though. REally digging the Dearg Doom theme tune.

Of course, with any CSI set in Ireland, all the labs would be understaffed, half the samples would have to be sent off abroad for testing, loads of evidence would go "missing in action" and where they did get everything together, it would be thrown out of court on a technicality. Woo!

Oh, ok. But they're not from Cork! CSI: Wickla perhaps?

You have to remember that Cops are not based in their hometowns. I think both of them are from Dublin anyway.

Elmo wrote:
    You have to remember that Cops are not based in their hometowns. I think both of them are from Dublin anyway.

Ah, I see. So all the locals will have grudges against them for extra drama!

Ah, I see. So all the locals will have grudges against them for extra drama!

Dead body of a cop, its raining
    Main Detective: Was he dead before the injuries.

ME: Yes he was dead before the crowd got near him.

Main Detective: This ain't no local grudge were looking for, its a cop killer we're after. (Stands up and Removes sun glass).

Play opening credits.

Advertisement