Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSI Miami how do people watch it

Options
  • 16-05-2006 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

I have started watching CSI Miami regularly as I find it so funny. It is just so over the top with really clucky story telling and cheesy acting. THe little red head guy is meant to be scarey somehow which is the funniest part. A little ginger guy is not frightening and the fact he seems to have learned to act watching William Shatner in Star Trek. Every single character is so righous and judgemental it is amazing.

Last week the little ginger guy has this amazingly beautiful woman come on to him which was so unbelievable. Firstly she was dressed like a model, looks fantastic and is meant to have been just busted for drugs and dying of cancer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've heard of racist, but this is the first case I've seen of gingerist or shatnerist. What do you have ginger people or William Shatner? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

I have nothing wrong with ginger people as such just a little ginger bloke in a sunny climate doesn't seem very scarey. He must spend most of his day putting on sun screen and wearing a hat in real life. The shatner style of acting has its merits but being scarey or intimidating is not any of them. How many short blokes have ever appeared as intimidating on TV? THis guy is particularly small build too.

In fairness it is not just him the characters are quite funny and silly. THe caring coroner who calls the body little boy or girl. The Teaxan blonde who is as sexy as she is smart etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

dont like it? dont watch it

damn, i just solved your problem

Mossy Monk wrote:
    dont like it? dont watch it

damn, i just solved your problem

I watch it becasue it is so funny.

Pay attention and maybe you won't say stupid things when you think you are being smart:D

Pay attention and maybe you won't say stupid things when you think you are being smart:D

you are cool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0TcYbQFdfo - this will explain it all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have started watching CSI Miami regularly as I find it so funny. It is just so over the top with really clucky story telling and cheesy acting. THe little red head guy is meant to be scarey somehow which is the funniest part. A little ginger guy is not frightening and the fact he seems to have learned to act watching William Shatner in Star Trek. Every single character is so righous and judgemental it is amazing.

Last week the little ginger guy has this amazingly beautiful woman come on to him which was so unbelievable. Firstly she was dressed like a model, looks fantastic and is meant to have been just busted for drugs and dying of cancer.

Yeah that Girl was in fact one of his CSI's sisters!! She didn't want to get her brother in trouble because he was recently found to have drugs in his system and if the DA found out he would get the sack so she went to Herratio with her problem!!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

Why do people have to be so aggresive on these boards.

Anyway OP, I must admit to watching CSI Miami and that little ginger guy annoys me also. He annoyed me on NYPD blue also. He played the exact same type of character. His acting skills are limited.
    Another thing, I was watching CSI NY last night and one of the CSI girls must have one of the most surgically altered face on tv. I think you can still see the scars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

i love it.....its a great show.

jonny24ie wrote:
    Yeah that Girl was in fact one of his CSI's sisters!! She didn't want to get her brother in trouble because he was recently found to have drugs in his system and if the DA found out he would get the sack so she went to Herratio with her problem!!
    I got the story but for a cancer sufferer she looked great and amazing for somebody just out of prision too. Why would she want a little ugly bloke. I think it is funny and I can't wait for the whole "how could you date my sister speech" followed by the " No matter what your personal feeelings are I am your boss you must respect me" . It reminds me of Quincy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

I haven't watched many episodes of it but did catch that episode with the girl with cancer etc. the one thing that was going through my head was how Herratio (little ginger guy to the op :rolleyes: ) reminded me of Nosferatu with his crouched back and stuff :p

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

neither miami or new york are a patch on the original. i just don't like emily proctor's southern accent. really puts me off the show.

ghost26ie wrote:
    neither miami or new york are a patch on the original. i just don't like emily proctor's southern accent. really puts me off the show.
    I think they are all silly just Miami is even more silly thanks to Herratio( thanks for the fill in in his name red dave). The guy with eye problems is probably suffering as a result of the poor lighting in the offices more than a nail close to his eye.

The original seemed to for a while have gone to the big book of urban legends and kept doing them as stories. Lazy writting at best

CSI New York is the best of them all for me, followed by Las Vegas and then Miami

its not as good as Law & Order though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

I got the story but for a cancer sufferer she looked great
    whats that got to do with anything.

different strokes for different folks, some poeple like the style of CSI miami, you can smirk at the series because you find it cheesy all you want, but why do you have to come onto a board and deliberatley make known your feelings, i dare say the world will be here tomorrow as will csi miami, whether you watch it or not.
    btw the name is horatio, as in Lord Nelsons chrsitian name, Horaito in Hamlet etc

whats that got to do with anything.
    Have you ever seen somebody getting treatment for cancer? AS she is taking the grass for nausia she might not look so well. THe fact she was after a big ordeal too would effect her looks. This beautiful woman would look very very ill given the story line, instead we get here looking like a catwalk model. THat is funny as it is so bad. THe fact you don't see this as bad story telling is your problem not mine for noticing how unrealistic it is.
    different strokes for different folks, some poeple like the style of CSI miami, you can smirk at the series because you find it cheesy all you want, but why do you have to come onto a board and deliberatley make known your feelings, i dare say the world will be here tomorrow as will csi miami, whether you watch it or not.
    btw the name is horatio, as in Lord Nelsons chrsitian name, Horaito in Hamlet etc
    Why did you bother telling me your opinion? I copied another persons spelling of the name give out to them not me. Why it would upset you so much to post up that I watch a show becasuse I find in funny because it is so bad. It entertains me I wanted to know were there others like me or if people actually watched it seriously. I now know some people don't know what reality is like. The world will continue to turn and I am not bothered. I didn't realise the TV section was only for those who must like a show is it in the carter?

A agree mossy Law and Order (any of them) is better than CSI and New York is the best of a bad bunch but they are all so bad that doesn''t matter IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Have you ever seen somebody getting treatment for cancer? AS she is taking the grass for nausia she might not look so well. THe fact she was after a big ordeal too would effect her looks. This beautiful woman would look very very ill given the story line, instead we get here looking like a catwalk model. THat is funny as it is so bad. THe fact you don't see this as bad story telling is your problem not mine for noticing how unrealistic it is.
    i hate to burst your bubble there fill on your obvious know it all attitude, but your debating the point with a stage four lung cancer patient i know very well ALL the different type of treatments and the effects that they have on you, and the effects that they don't. not every cancer is the same not every treatment is the same and not ever side-effect is the same, to portary all cancer patients as sickly hairless people is poor storytelling and completely wrong. :rolleyes:

btw i didn't give my opinion on it.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Right, thread going nowhere.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement