Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the sip setting for voipstunt for netgear TA612v

Options
  • 16-05-2006 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi,

I am trying to get voipstunt working with netgear TA612v but when I enter the following as the VOIPSTUNT site suggests:
    Username: Your VoipStunt username
    Password: Your VoipStunt password
    SIP/Proxy registrar: sip.voipstunt.com
    Domain/Realm (optional): voipstunt.com
    STUN server: stun.voipstunt.com

I keep getting the flashing orange light on the adapter.... when I put back in my blueface setting it works fine.
    Has anyone got this to work on the netgear TA612v adapter and if so could you post the settings?

Note that I have change the region setting at the top to UK, GR and USA and this hasn't worked either.
    Much appreciated!
    Lowgman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

It may be that you need a different SIP server (e.g. the last time I looked Voipcheap used connectionserver1.voipcheap.co.uk as the SIP server ). If you've got the Voipstunt software client working already then you can use something like Ethereal to capture information on what SIP server it connects to and then use that in your ATA settings instead of sip.voipstunt.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

lowGman wrote:
    hi,

I am trying to get voipstunt working with netgear TA612v but when I enter the following as the VOIPSTUNT site suggests:
    Username: Your VoipStunt username
    Password: Your VoipStunt password
    SIP/Proxy registrar: sip.voipstunt.com
    Domain/Realm (optional): voipstunt.com
    STUN server: stun.voipstunt.com

I keep getting the flashing orange light on the adapter.... when I put back in my blueface setting it works fine.
    Has anyone got this to work on the netgear TA612v adapter and if so could you post the settings?
    After reading this forum for the last few days, I decided to try a couple of different "softphones", to see if they worked any better than the VoIPStunt app.

These are the settings that I use:
    SIP Proxy: connectionserver.voipstunt.com
    Domain/Realm: sip1.voipstunt.com
    Outbound Proxy: sip1.voipstunt.com

I haven't had to specify a STUN server.

(I'm getting crystal clear audio in my headset, but some of the people that I called have complained that my voice isn't very distinct. I don't think it's my microphone, as I can record stuff locally just fine. Has anyone else had problems with "muddy" outgoing soud in VoIPStunt? Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Foxwood wrote:
    Has anyone else had problems with "muddy" outgoing soud in VoIPStunt? Any suggestions?

I think that as a rule the voice quality of the softphones is less than what would you typically get with an ATA and a decent analogue handset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

bhickey wrote:
    I think that as a rule the voice quality of the softphones is less than what would you typically get with an ATA and a decent analogue handset.
    It's not immediately obvious why that should be the case. I can record onto my PC with out any "muddiness", so the softphone gets good audio, and it sure as hell has more CPU power available than an ATA to convert it to whatever needs to be sent over the wire.

Do any other VoIPStunt users have problems with the people they call having difficulty understanding them? The sound I receive is absolutely terrific, it's just the sound that I send that I'm concerned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lowGman

Thanks for the replies - I will try this when I get home tonight and report back on my findings - will let you all know how the quality is, should I get it to work

• Advertisement
Advertisement